Chapter 4: The Sorting and The Feast (EDITED)

Lucy's POV

Darkness, the train blows its whistle and pulls into an outdoor station. A giant man walks along the side aisle, with a lantern. People begin pouring out of the train.

"Right, then! First years! This way, please! Come on, now, don't be shy! Come on now, hurry up!" The giant called.

Harry, Ron and I approached him.

"Hello, Harry. And who's this two?" He asked referring to Ron and I.

"Hi, Hagrid. This is Ron and Lucy." Harry answered.

"Woah .." Ron said in wonder.

"Nice to meet you, Hagrid!" I greeted cheerfully. You can't really blame me, I've never met or talked to a giant before.

"Nice to meet you, too!" He returned. "Right then. This way to the boats! Come on, now, follow me."

A number of boats are plugging across a vast lake, where up ahead a huge castle can be seen. People are in awe. Including me.

"Wicked..." Ron and I breathed out.

We climbed up to the stairs where a stern-looking Professor is waiting. She raps her fingers on a stone railing, and then goes to the top of the stairs to greet us first years.

"Welcome to Hogwarts. Now, in a few moments, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates. But before you can take your seats you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin. Now, while you are here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you house points. Any rule breaking, and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup." Professor mcgonagall explained.

"Trevor! {McGonagall stares down at him} Sorry. {He backs away.}" Neville apologised.

"The sorting ceremony will begin momentarily." Prof. Mcgonagall added and leaves.

A pale, slicked back, evil looking boy speaks up.

"It's true then, what they're saying on the train. Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts. {Students whisper, Harry Potter?} This is Crabbe, and Goyle {nods to the goons behind him} and I'm Malfoy...Draco Malfoy. {Ron snickers at his name} Think my name's funny, do you? No need to ask yours. Red hair, and a hand me down robe? You must be a Weasley. We'll soon find that some wizarding families are better than others, Potter. Don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there. {extends hand.}" Malfoy offered to Harry.

"I think I can tell who the wrong sort are for myself, thanks." He declined. Malfoy glared at him.

McGonagall returns and smacks him on the shoulder with a paper. He retreats with one last glare.

"We're ready for you now." She said.

She lead us through two large doors and into the Great Hall, where there are four long tables with many kids, as well as floating candles. The roof appears to be the sky. I stared around wide eyes.

"It's not real, the ceiling. It's just bewitched to look like the night sky. I read about it in Hogwarts: A History." I heard Hermione stated. Cool!

"All right, will you wait along here, please? Now, before we begin, Professor Dumbldedore would like to say a few words." Prof. Mcgonagall said.

Prof. Dumbledore rises from the main table.

"I have a few start of term notices I wish to announce. The first years please note that the dark forest is strictly forbidden to all students. Also, our caretaker, Mr. Filch {signals to ragged old man with a cat with red eyes} has asked me to remind you that the 3rd floor corridor on the right hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death. Thank you." He announced.

"When I call your name, you will come forth, I shall place the sorting hat on your head, and you will be sorted into your houses. Hermione Granger." She called. Hermione goes up and sat on the stool.

"Aahh...right..okay..Gryffindor!" The Sorting Hat yelled. The students from the Gryffindor stand up and clapped. Hermione jumps off with a smile.

"Draco Malfoy." She called next. Draco saunters up proudly. The tattered hat nearly freaks before touching down on Dracos head.

"Slytherin!" It shouted.

"There isn't a witch or wizard who went bad who wasn't in Slytherin." Ron whispered.

"Susan bones." A redhead girl goes up. Suddenly I heard Harry shrieked from pain.

"What is it, Harry?" I asked worriedly.

"Nothing...it's nothing, I'm fine." He said.

"Hufflepuff!" The hat shouted.

"Ronald weasley." I gave Ron a one last pat on the back before letting him goes up.

"Aaahh! Another weasley! I know just where to put you...Gryffindor!" Ron sighed relief.

"Lucy Conner." I gulped. Harry gave me an encouraging smile. I went up and sat on the stool.

"Aaahhh..." It muttered softly. " You have a great mind. Intelligent and wise, but not Ravenclaw. Loyal and kind, but you have a temper and a fierce side, definitely not Hufflepuff. Not Slytherin though the greatness is there. Better be Gryffindor!" It yelled. I smiled brightly.

The Gryffindor table bursted into cheers. I sat besides Ron and across Hermione.

"Harry Potter" Everything goes silent.

Harry glanced at us. I gave him two thumbs up.

After a while, the hat shouted, "Gryffindor!" We all clapped for him and he sat down besides me.

After the sorting. "{dings on a cup} Your attention, please." Prof. Minnie called.

"Let the feast... Begin!"

Food magically appears on all the tables, and the hall is filled with awe and chatter.

I saw Harry talking while there's a piece of icing on the side of his mouth.

"Here, let me help you." I offered while grabbing a handkerchief. I'm wiping the dirt off when I accidentically stared at Harry's beautiful eyes.

We just stared like that for seconds until Ron cleared his throat. I blinked and quickly hid my blushing face from him to see.

After the feast, Percy is leading us Gryffindors to the staircases.

"Gryffindors, follow me please. Keep up. Thank you. This is the most direct path to the dormitories. Oh, and keep an eye on the staircases....they like to change." He informed us.

We approached a painting of a woman with pink dress.

"Password?" She asked.

"Caput Draconis." Percy answered. We went inside the Common Room. We gaped at the room.

"Gather 'round here. Welcome to the Gryffindor Common Room. Boys' dormitories, upstairs and down to your left. Girls, the same on your right. You'll find that your belongings have already been brought up."

I went upstairs and quickly changed into my pajamas. The time my head hits my pillow, I fell into a dreamless sleep.

----------

Former cover by yookaz