Chapter 10: Christmas and The Mirror of Erised

Harry, Hermione, Ron and I are walking along a path with Hagrid, talking.

"Nonsense. Why would Snape put a curse on Harry's broom?" Hagrid grunted.

"Who knows. Why was he trying to get past that 3 headed dog on Halloween?" Harry said. Hagrid has a shocked expression on his face.

"Who told you about Fluffy?" He asked. Fluffy?! I stared him like he was a loony.

"Fluffy?" Ron grimaced.

"That thing has a name?! I exclaimed.

"Well, of course he's got a name. He's mine. I bought him off an Irish feller I met down at the pub last year. Then I lent him to Dumbledore to guard the-" He finally noticed what he was saying and immediately stopped himself.

"Yes?" Harry eagerly asked.

"Shouldn'ta said that. Don't ask any more questions. That's top secret, that is." He said sternly.

"But Hagrid, whatever Fluffy's guarding, Snape's trying to steal it!" Harry pleaded.

"Codswallop. Professor Snape is a Hogwarts teacher." Hagrid replied stubbornly.

"Hogwarts teacher or not. I know a curse when I see one. I've read all about them. You have to keep eye contact. And Snape wasn't blinking." Hermione explained.

"Agreed." I nod. Hagrid sighed.

"Now, you listen to me, all four of you. You're meddlin' in things that ought not to be meddled in. It's dangerous. What that dog is guarding is strictly between Professor Dumbledore and Nicholas Flamel." He said. We gaped. Including himself. Hagrid is not the best secret keeper, I should remember that.

"Nicholas Flamel?" Harry repeated. Hagrid paled.

"I shouldn't said that. I should not have said that." He muttered to himself and left.

"Nicholas Flamel? Who's Nicholas Flamel?" Harry asked curiously. We looked at Hermione, hoping she knows the answer. But as we saw her face, she looked completely clueless.

"I don't know."

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

It's Christmas Eve! I bolted up on my bed and quickly did my 'thing' on the bathroom. I dressed in a long lace sleeves white dress and ballet shoes. I brushed my hair and curled it and put a white ribbon. I wore my golden locket that my aunt gave me on my birthday. I grabbed Cheshire and went to the great hall.

When I opened the door, I noticed that I'm the only one who's not here yet. The surrondings are beautiful. Full of mistletoes, christmas lights and snow. I smiled sheepishly.

"Happy christmas...eve!" I quickly added. I saw some boys making googly eyes on me. I smiled at them and they blushed. I shook my head slightly and appeared beside with my bestfriends.

"Hi! Happy christmas eve!" I yelled. They jumped. I giggled. They stand up and we group hug.

"You look beautiful!" Hermione said. Harry and Ron nodded their head vigorously. I grinned.

"Thanks! And since you're going home today for christmas, I'm going to sing for you." I declared. I handed her my cat and took out my microphone out of my pocket and walked backwards and stopped at the middle of the hall but I'm still looking at her.

"Hit it!" I shouted and the music began to play.

I don't want a lot for Christmas

There is just one thing I need

I don't care about the presents

Underneath the Christmas tree

I just want you for my own