Chapter 12: Through the Trapdoor

At last, Its the end of exams! I find Charms, Transfiguration and Potions easy, although Professor Snape is a bit annoying. We need to perform a spell on the two subjects, but I did it perfectly. History of Magic is well, um, I tried my best.

Hopefully.

Some time later. In the outdoor courtyard. The four of us are walking.

"I've always heard Hogwarts' end of the year exams were frightful, but I found that rather enjoyable." Hermione happily said. I nodded slightly.

"Me too. But I don't know about History of Magic, its kinda boring, no offense to Professor Binns. Transfiguration, Charms, and Potions are my favorites! So easy!" I exclaimed cheerfully.

"Speak for yourselves." Grumbled Ron. I rolled my eyes. Suddenly, I saw Harry rubbing his scar furiously.

"All right there, Harry?"

"My scar. It keeps burning." He asnswered irritably.

"It happened before." Hermione said.

"Not like this." He replied gloomly.

"Perhaps you should see the nurse." Ron suggested.

"I think it's a warning. It means dangers coming. Uhh! {He rubs scar and then sees Hagrid across the field, at his hut.} Oh. Of course!" Harry thought. He ran to Hagrid's hut.

"What is it?" I asked while running after him.

"Don't you think it's a bit odd that what Hagrid wants more than anything is a dragon, and a stranger shows up and just happens to have one? {We approach Hagrid, who is playing the Harry Potter theme on his flute.} I mean, how many people wander around with dragon eggs in their pockets? Why didn't I see it before? Hagrid, who gave you the dragon egg? {Hagrid stops playing.} What did he look like?" He demanded.

"I don't know. I never saw his face. He kept his hood up." Crap.

"The stranger, though, you and him must have talked."

"Well, he wanted to know what sort of creatures I looked after. I told him. I said, "After Fluffy, a dragon's gonna be no problem." He chuckled.

"Did he seem interested in Fluffy?" I carefully asked. Please say no...

"Well, of course he was interested in Fluffy! How often do you come across a three headed dog, even if you're in the trade? But I told him. I said, "The trick with any beast is to know how to calm him. Take Fluffy, for example, just play him a bit of music and he falls straight to sleep." He slipped off. We gape.

"I shouldn't have told you that." He muttered. Sorry Hagrid, but thanks for the information.

We took off. "Where are you going?! Wait!" He called. We ignored him.

Professor McGonagall's classroom. We came tearing in and run up the aisles between desks. We passed a ghost and stop at the desk.

"We need to see Professor Dumbledore, imediately!" Harry panted. Prof. Mcgonagall stared at him through her glasses.

"I'm afraid Professor Dumbledore is not here. He received an urgent owl from the Ministry of Magic and left immediately for London." She informed firmly.

"He's gone?! Now? But this is important! It's about...the Sorcerer's Stone." McGonagall has a shocked expression on her face.

"H-how did you-" She stammered but Harry interrupted.

"Someone's going to try and steal it." She pursed her lips.

"I don't know how you four found out about the stone, but I can assure you it is perfectly well-protected. Now would you go back to your dormitories? Quietly." She commanded in a small voice, probably still shocked. We grumpily left.