Chapter One: Valka's German Friend

Author's Note: this spin-off story happens after the events of 'Scooby-Doo and the World Grand Prix', and before the events of 'Scooby-Doo: The Ghost Planes'. Also, I have opted to go with the 1971 version of the 2005 reboot. I've I've watched both films before, and I think the original was a bit better than Tim Burton's, since his one was rather dark and didn't show much light in some scenes, and it was hard to try and see things in scenes. Plus, the original has always been my favourite, and after doing some research, I found out the filming was in Munich, Germany, so I am taking a guess the chocolate factory is stationed in Germany.

Now, enough of me talking. On with the story!

~*~*~

At the Mystery Inc. headquarters, things have been starting to calm down and relax after their adventure around the world with the World Grand Prix. Valka has been thanked by both Finn McMissile and Holley Shiftwell for helping them out solve the case about what happened with Miles Axlerod. Braedey was a little disappointed he didn't win the Grand Prix, but was lucky to get out of that whole debacle alive.

As Braedey entered the building from the garage, after doing some checks and fixing up an engine he was working on, he saw Fred and Daphne were fast asleep on the couch, the two of them trying to regain some of the hours they've lost from flying back home. Over by the labs, Velma was looking at the compounds of the Allinol fuel. With Shaggy and Scooby, they were in the kitchen, the two of them working on something culinary.

He wondered where his mother might be, then had a thought as to where she could be. He then began to make his way upstairs, noticing the door to Valka's bedroom was open. He peaked into the room, then he saw Valka was writing something at the table.

"Mum? You okay?" Braedey got her attention, making her look to her son. "You look rather stuck to that paper."

"Oh. I'm okay, Braedey." Valka reassured her son. "I'm just writing a letter to an old friend of mine from Germany." She gestured to the letter.

"Really? Who is she?" Braedey asked curiously. Sure, he knew his mother had known some folks in her time, but to hear she knew a friend from high school and still has contact with her to this day.

Valka pulled out a photograph, and shows it to Braedey. The photo shows a woman that looks to be in her 30's, with what could be brown hair with a rich mixture of colour reaching down to below her shoulders, with gentle purple eyes, fair skin with rosy cheeks, and a small 'beauty mark' just under the left side of her lips. She has a slender body frame. She is wearing a dark magenta knee-length dress, with a cyan blue jacket over the top, with grey low-heel shoes, and a gold necklace around her neck.