Chapter Thirteen: The Wonkavator

Later, Braedey, Valka, and Mr. Wonka arrived at the candyman's office. It was rather shocking to know both Martins had managed to make it through the craziness of the factory.

"So much to do, so much to do." Mr. Wonka mumbled to himself, walking up to his office door. "Invoices and bills, letters, I must answer that note from the Queen."

"Mr. Wonka, do you know what happened to the kids?" Braedey asked. "Violet? Augustus? Veruca?"

"My dear boy, I promise you they'll be quite alright." Mr. Wonka reassured him. "When they leave here, they'll be completely restored to their normal, terrible old selves. But maybe, they'll be a little bit wiser for the wear. Anyway, don't worry about them."

"Mr. Wonka, isn't there anything else you wanna tell us?" Valka asked, remembering the promised prize the final child would get at the end of the tour.

"Oh, yes." Mr. Wonka shook their hands. "I hope you enjoyed yourselves. Excuse me for not showing you out. Straight up the stairs, you'll find the way, I'm terribly busy, whole day wasted, goodbye to you both, goodbye." With that, he shuts the door, leaving the two Martins confused at this.

"Did we do something wrong?" Braedey asked his mother in concern.

"I don't know, Braedey." Valka replied, now grabbing the door handle. "But I'm going to find out."

The two entered Mr. Wonka's office, and they noticed some abnormalities around the room: some items around the room were cut in half, like the clock, the sink, along with the bank safe, while the walls were in faded pink and yellow.

Valka walked over to Mr. Wonka's desk. "Mr. Wonka?" She asked.

"I am extraordinarily busy, Madame." Mr. Wonka replied.

"I wished to ask about the chocolate. The lifetime supply of chocolate?" Valka asked. "For Braedey. When does he get it?"

"He doesn't." Mr. Wonka replied simply.

"What?" Valka and Braedey's eyes widened. "Why not?" Braedey asked.

"Because he broke the rules." Mr. Wonka replied.

"What rules? We didn't see any rules, did we?" Braedey asked in confusion.

"Wrong, sir! Wrong!" Mr. Wonka stated to him. "Under Section 37-B of the contract signed by him, it states clearly that all offers shall become null and void if, and you can read it for yourself in this copy: "I, the undersigned shall forfeit all rights, privileges and licenses, herein contained," et cetera... fax mentis... incendium gloria culpam," et cetera, et cetera. Memo bis punitor della cattum!" It's all there! Black and white! Clear as crystal!" He then pointed at Braedey. "You stole Fizzy-Lifting drinks! You bumped into the ceiling which now has to be washed and sterilised! So you get nothing! You lose! Good day, sir!" He then turned away to look at his desk.

Valka's eyes narrowed in anger. "That wasn't Braedey's fault!" She snapped. "It was my fault! I got lost from the group and he helped me down! If anyone should be in trouble for nearly harming me, it should be you! You built up Braedey's hopes, and smashed his dreams into a billion pieces when I promised to give him a great time! You ungrateful, inhuman monster!"

"I said GOOD DAY!" Mr. Wonka yelled at them, then looked away, continuing to write in some papers in anger.

Valka's eyes narrowed at the candyman, then she breathed a small sigh, gently grabbing Braedey's hand, and began to lead him to the door. "Come on, Braedey. Let's get out of here." She told him. "Once we leave, we're going home. I'm so sorry this journey turned out so badly." She apologised to her son.