Chapter Two: Braedey's First Wonka Bar

The next morning, Braedey woke to the gentle sound of a bell tolling in the distance. He got out of bed, stretching out his arms and legs, then began to head downstairs into the kitchen. As he does so, he whipped up some toast and bacon, and waited for his mother and Mary to wake up.

"You've gotten up bright and early, haven't you?" The brunette looked over to see Mary, wearing her regular attire, walking down the stairs.

"I've always been one to wake up early." Braedey replied with a shrug.

"Well, I was thinking, maybe you and I could take a tour of the town nearby?" Mary suggested. "I'm sure your mother wouldn't mind that."

"I guess that wouldn't hurt." Braedey agreed. "Besides, it be nice to know what is around."

"Well, I'll go and tell Valka we'll be out in town for a little while, and be back soon." Mary told him, then she headed upstairs to do just that, as Braedey prepared to get ready for a tour of Munich.

~*~*~

A few minutes later, both Braedey and Mary were walking down the streets of Munich, the latter showing the former about the amazing sights and different architectural locations around them.

Munich, Bavaria's capital, is home to centuries-old buildings and numerous museums. The city is known for its annual Oktoberfest celebration and its beer halls, including the famed Hofbräuhaus, founded in 1589. In the Altstadt (Old Town), central Marienplatz square contains landmarks such as Neo-Gothic Neues Rathaus (town hall), with a popular glockenspiel show that chimes and reenacts stories from the 16th century.

"I have to admit, this place is certainly one to take a look at on a European round-world trip." Braedey commented out loud. Mary nodded to him in agreement, and told her her folks chose this place because they thought it was rather picturesque and enjoyable to be in.

As they walked along, Braedey heard the sound of the bell tower tolling. As he does so, he then took note of hundreds of children running out of the school building, and heading off down the streets like they were on the run from the law.

"Where are those kids going?" Braedey wondered in confusion

"Where are those kids going?" Braedey wondered in confusion. "They should be in class, not running about like chickens with their heads cut off."

"Well, they're heading off to get the latest chocolate bars and candies from the nearest candy stores." Mary explained to him. "You'd be rather surprised by how many kids come down these streets with bags upon bags of candy."

"Really?" Braedey raised an eyebrow at this statement. "They're running about Munich, just so they could get some candy? That seems like a big waste of time."

Mary looked at him in confusion. "Are you telling me that you never did anything like this at all when you were young?" She asked him.

Braedey scratched the back of his head, as he collected his words. "Well, to tell you the truth, it's a bit of a long story." He began.