A Meeting of a Lifetime

Mipha's POV

I have the ability to heal. Ever since I found out, I've been using my gift to help those in need. The guards attempted an attack on the Lynel that lives on Ploymus Mountain. They were unsuccessful and I was the one to bring them back from the brink of death. 

My brother was very eager to meet the outsiders sent to Zora's Domain. He rushed towards the gate and squinted his eyes. He wanted to see a royal guard. I have no idea why there would be visitors coming tomorrow. My silly little brother didn't know they weren't coming today. 

I walked to the gate where Sidon was bugging one of the guards. I tap him on the head. This gets his attention immediately, he looks up at me. 

"Yes, sister?" Sidon asked. 

I smile, "You do know that the visitors don't come until tomorrow, right?" Sidon shook his head. 

"No, I didn't know." he said. He looks at the guard at the entrance that he was just bugging. 

"Sorry, Stao." he says. The guard accepts his apology and Sidon dashes off for dinner. I giggle at Sidon as I follow him to the throne room. The sun was now setting and dinner would be set in the throne room for some odd reason. I watched as some of the Zora set up the table and begin to bring the dishes. 

"It's rare that you want us to eat in the throne room, father." I say. My father smiles at me with a sense of pride and proud of what I've chosen to be. 

"Yes, it is," Dorephan began, "I just felt that this is a special occasion." On the left side of the table Sidon sat down. Dorephan sat in between me and my brother. As soon as we sat down. Zoras began bringing out plates of fish and vegetables. 

My brother grabbed a handful of Chillfin Trout and stuffed his face. Silly Sidon. My father serves himself while I grab some vegetables. My father clears his throat. I turn to look at my father and Sidon does the same. 

"Yes, Father?" asked Sidon. 

Dorephan began, "I wanted to tell you about our visitors that our visiting." 

"Who are these visitors?" I ask. 

"Hyrule's King has requested to have some Hylians visit the domain." Dorephan said. 

"Why?" asked Sidon.

"That is top secret." spoke Dorephan. "We are trying to keep our friendship with the Hylians in tact as well." I gobbled up the last chillfin trout before I excused myself from the table. 

The throne room was now being cleared. It was only a little after the sky became a black void that my brother came knocking on my door. I was getting ready to sleep but I let him in. He looked around my room as he enter. I wasn't into putting gold and silver around my room. I don't know why..I think it just makes me feel cheap. I sat on top of my bed and smiled at my brother. 

"What is it, Sidon?" I ask. Sidon smiles at me and reveals a journal and it is decorated in silver and blue. Those are my favorite colors, well aren't they a Zora's favorite? I look at the journal with confusion. 

"What's this for?" I question. He smiles at me. 

"It's a diary for you." Sidon chuckles. I must have looked even more confused because he began to explain. 

"You see," spoke Sidon, "Father thinks you should record your thoughts." I shake my head rapidly. 

"No way," I say, "I don't need to record my thoughts." 

"Well, if you need to record a memory," Sidon stated, "G'night Sister!" Sidon places the journal on the desk I use to study which is close to the entrance. He leaves right after. I smirk and close my eyes. 

Who are these visitors? What will they be like? 

It was late in the afternoon when the visitors were arriving. There were a small group of adults. They wore Hyrulian armor. There was one that stood out among the rest as they pulled up to the plaza. A little boy with a sword on his back and wore a green tunic. He was a little boy from the looks of it. His blue eyes sparkled with curiosity and life as he looked around the domain eagerly. 

I walked towards Stao to ask about our visitors. 

I whispered, "Stao, Who's that little boy with them?" 

Stao answered, "Oh that's Link. He's four years old but a very exceptional swordsman so far. He has bested adults already." 

"Wow, that's amazing." I exclaim. Sidon and Link were beginning to chase each other. Sidon ran up to me with a scared expression on his face. 

"Come on, I just want to play!" squeaked Link. Sidon looked up at me with a nervous expression. 

"M-Maybe later." huffed Sidon. He stood behind like I was a barrier between him and the boy. Link understood and went to a spot in the plaza to practice his swordsmanship. Sidon scuttled along and watched from the distance. I on the other hand went closer to observe him. As I got closer I noticed that he had many bruises all over him. 

"What a reckless, boy.." I thought, "What can I do to help him out? Oh, right heal him." I walked over to Link. He stopped swinging his sword when I came over. He looked at me with curiosity.

"Hello," Link smiled. "What's your name?"

"I'm Mipha." I answer. 

"Cool, I'm Link!" Link laughed. I smile. He's a energetic one, that's for sure. 

"Hey, I see you have many bruises." I say. 

"These?" he squeaks as he points to his arm. "I'm fine." I shake my head. 

"Let me heal them for you." I say kindly. Link gives me a curious look but then gives me his hand. He must have expected me to take him to a first AID kit or something because he was surprised by what I did next.  I placed my hands carefully on his wounds. The blue energy of my healing magic, made Link gasp. He looked at the blue aura with big round eyes. He chuckled a little when his wounds were all healed. 

"Thank you!" he chuckles. He runs off immediately but comes back and hugs my leg. What a sweet child. 

When the sun began to set, the guards and Link went to the gates to leave. Link didn't turn his back to the domain until he smiled at me and Sidon. Sidon waved goodbye to him and I stood there waving goodbye as well. 

Link laughed, "Goodbye Mipha! Bye Sidon!" After Link said his goodbyes he joined the rest of the group as they disappeared into the dawn. I wonder when I'll see that boy again.

I went to my room to ponder. I didn't want to forget this day. I wanted to record it somehow. I see the journal at my desk. Thanks Sidon. I grab something to write with and open to the first page in my book. It was blank but not for long. 

I began to write;

At the request of Hyrule's King, a group of outsiders came to greet us at the domain. One of them was a Hylian child of only about four years of age. His name was Link. He made quite a first impression. He was curious and full of energy with a ready smile. Are all Hylian children that way? One thing that surely sets him apart is his swordsmanship, which I hear is exceptional. He has even bested adults. He must be somewhat reckless, however, as he was covered in bruises. Wishing to be helpful, I healed his wounds for him. It must have been his first time seeing healing magic, as he looked up at me with big, round eyes. It was...

"What's the right word for this?" I say to myself. "Oh, yes." 

I wrote; 

Adorable.  

Hope you liked the chapter! I took a while to complete but I finished it! Leave a comment on what you think. Oh and I wrote Mipha's first diary entry exactly. 

Have a nice day^^