Miray

Mipha's POV
I looked at the horizon of the dawn. How long had it been since I saw that child? My little brother is still little, inexperienced. He needs to get used to Hylians. Muzu's stories of these Hylians isn't making it any better but worse. Sigh, other than that I am healing injuries and advancing in the medical field. It would seem that my father has requested for me to start learning how to fight. This is a good sign. I would finally be able to travel outside of the Zora's Domain and maybe even see Link again...

KNOCK KNOCK
I jerked up from my bent position over my diary. I turn to see who has knocked on my door. It was Muzu. He looked around at my room for a moment. I had done a little redecorating. Where there was a silver blue I had lighter blue covering my bedroom walls. The silver trident decorated with pink jewels lay on the floor near my bed. Muzu let out an exasperated sigh. I knew that I had done something wrong.
"Mipha," he shouted, "What did I tell you about weapons."
"To be careful with it?" I asked.
"Yes and no," he huffed, "You're supposed to treat it with respect and not leave it on the floor!"
"Alright," I responded quietly. Muzu's eyes softened to a kinder expression.
"Look, Mipha, I'm just telling you this for your safety. Weapons are dangerous to leave just laying around, you could cut yourself." I nod.
"What did you need me for?"
"Ruto, needs you." Muzu smiled, "Bring your trident with." I jumped up from my bed and grabbed the trident out of Muzu's hands and went for the exit. I didn't get far through the hallway before Muzu called out to me.
"Mipha" I turned my head to face him.
"That trident was made the day you were born, treat it like your equal."  I smirk as he says this. I should have known that my father would have made something special for me and now I know. I was a blur as I rushed through the hallways. I thought about where Ruto wanted me to meet her.
Knowing her, she always made it a challenge to find the meeting location. I would have to ask around because she would tell someone the location. This is Ruto's way of having me work on my social skills. We were going to have a training session. My father had appointed Ruto to be my trainer. She was one of the best spears-zora out there. She had bested many in combat so it wasn't a surprise when she became my trainer.
I bumped into Sidon looking at the empty plaza. He stood there squinting at the center of the plaza. It was only when I tapped him on his cute little head, that he noticed my presence.
"Oh, hey Mipha," he said with a toothy grin. "Don't you think this plaza needs a statue or something?"
"Yeah, it could use something, the emptiness is almost unbearable." I reply.
"Maybe a statue of you," Sidon suggested. I gave him a look.
"Why me? I could think of other Zoras that are prettier to look at." I say.
Sidon shook his head ferociously, "If there is gonna be a statue it should be you. Not for what you are now, but in the future." I admit. My brother had put a lot of thought into this.
"Go on." I urged him.
"You and me. We are just buds that haven't blossomed yet. I think once you bloom, your statue will be a sign of that beauty." Sidon said.
I giggled at him, "I see poetry is suiting you well."
"Why thank you for noticing" said Sidon as he bowed his little head.
"Keep that up and you'll be a fine Zora that women will love." I chuckled
"Eww," Sidon exclaimed, "I am too young to love!"
"Not true," I say with a smile, " You're not ready for romantic love." Sidon rolls his eyes at me as I laugh. A Zora the color of blood walks up behind me. I turn to see that it is none other than Jabu-jabu. He seems to be worried with the frown on his face.
"Something wrong?" I ask.
Jabu-jabu replies, "Yes, weren't you supposed to meet Ruto, a few minutes ago?" My eyes grew wide. I had completely forgotten. I was so busy messing with Sidon.
"Do you by any chance know where she is?" I ask with a awkward chuckle. Jabu-jabu pointed towards Veiled Falls.
"Right there."
"Thanks!" I dash out towards my destination. Faster than a bullet.
"So," Sidon said. Jabu-jabu turned his head.
"Can I call you Jaboi?" Sidon chuckles.
I rushed across the closet path to veiled falls. When I arrived, Ruto was in the water. She was as still as a statue, almost lifeless. She had her back turned to me. That's unusual. I take a step into the water of Veiled falls. Ripples formed when I took my first step into the water. As if by magic, Ruto turned around. It was as if she knew I was there.
"I see you have arrived." She said coolly.
"How did you know I was there?" I asked with interested. Ruto smiled at me.
She began, "The ripples of water. I have trained myself to sense the movement and everything around me."
"Whoa," I exclaimed.
"I'll teach you someday. Now a little sparing." I gave Ruto a look. I had never spared before. I had never been in a fight. Ruto grabbed her guard spear that floated in the water.
"What did I tell you about how you should hold a spear?"
"Oh, right," I said as I fumbled with trident. I held the spear with two hands each helping me properly hold the spear. Ruto's friendly smile turned into one of determination. Does fighting really change people that much? Ruto charged at me, her spear ready to pierce my stomach. I blocked her by stabbing my spear into the ground. Ruto quickly countered with a jab to my side. I fell into the water, causing more ripples than before.
"Mipha, learn from your mistakes and get back up." Ruto commanded. With one hand, she grabbed my trident out of the ground and tossed it towards me. I caught it and back up. It was my turn to attack now. I went in like I was going to stab her; she fell for my feint and I whacked her in the side:hard. I caught her off guard and I thought I hurt her so I went up to her. Only to have my feet taken out from underneath me.
"Do not fall for that trick." Ruto shouted, "I know you have been working in the medic field but this ain't the medic field!" Ruto pointed her spear at my face.
"Get up," she commanded. I stood up as I heard a loud splash. Ruto turned her head towards the splash. Ruto turned her head back to me.
"Mipha, you need to get your head out of the clouds." Ruto said quietly. Ruto walked towards the splash. I followed her. It was a girl. A hylian. She was young. She rubbed her head.
"Yowch, that hurt," she whined, "jumping a waterfall was harder than I thought."
"Who are you?" asked Ruto. The hylian looked at her.
"I'm Miray."