The Archer and the Lynel: Miray Shines

No one's POV

Miray and Sidon had no luck finding anything interesting to decorate the plaza on Ruto Mountain. They headed for Ploymus Mountain, by climbing the rocks near the waterfall to reach the path. It was a troublesome climb and a long one too because Sidon didn't know how to climb waterfalls and Miray wasn't a Zora so she couldn't exactly swim either. It was noon when they reached Ploymus Mountain. They walked up the slanted grassy path. When they reached the flat part of the mountain, they could see that there was a beautiful view of the East Reservoir and a good look at Zora's Domain. 

The grassy platform of the mountain was also a beautiful site. A couple puddles of water were on the grass, but that also clashed nicely with the hue of the giant blue rocks scattered across the platform. There a couple trees near a couple of these giant rocks as well, but most of them were scattered away from rocks. The platform contrasted well with the cliff of the mountain. Sidon saw something stick out of the trunk of a tree that was the closet to the beginning of the platform. He dashed towards it and reached his hand out for it. 

He was welcomed with a shock of electricity. Miray came to Sidon to help him. She grasped the arrow from Sidon, she was not electrocuted. 

"This is a shock arrow." Miray said. "These are fatal blows for any Zora. You're lucky that your hand only got burned." Sidon rubbed his hand. 

"Ow," he exasperated, "then what is this doing up here?" 

"Good question," Miray complimented, "There might be something here." 

"RAAAAAAAAHHHHHWWW!" Miray and Sidon stopped their bickering. Something was here. They could hear the footsteps but they sounded like horseshoes. Miray couldn't see what was coming because she and Sidon were behind a rock. She gestured for Sidon to get behind her. Once he was behind her, she peered from above the rock. Her eyes grew wide. It was a monster. A centaur body with a lion's head. It had opposable thumbs which wasn't a good sign. The red mane contrasted well with the brown skin of the body. It's eyes were red and the Lynel slowly removed his metallic bow from his back and pulled something from his quiver. Miray was frozen, the monster was perfectly equipped for long distance and combat mode. The creature stared at Miray with piercing red eyes. 

It was judging her. Red eyes to red eyes, who would win? The Lynel roared sending Miray to duck down back to the rock. 

"What is it?" Whimpered Sidon. Before Miray could answer a little lighting bolt crashed down in front of their hiding position, almost hitting them. Miray and Sidon screamed. They dashed from their hiding place, leaving themselves a open target for the Lynel. The Lynel shot another arrow. 

"That bow," breathed Sidon. Miray and Sidon were running to another rock to hide behind. 

"What about it?" She huffed. 

"It can shoot three shock arrows at one time!" He shouted. 

"Then where are the other two he just shot?!" Miray said realizing something. She looked above into the sky. Two electric arrows were about to ran down on them. 

"RUN!" Screamed Miray. They abandoned their new hiding place. The Lynel kept shooting off arrows behind them and in front of him. This continued until Miray and Sidon found themselves in the middle with no protection. 

"He...knew...he trapped us." Sidon cried. Miray saw the Lynel quickly put his bow away and charged right for them. The Lynel took out its sword and shield as it charged for them, head first. Those horns could kill them if they didn't move. Miray stood in front of Sidon and held him close as the Lynel sword cut Miray's back sending her flying through the air with Sidon. Miray's back hit the wall of the mountain as she held Sidon in her hands.