8

Continued...

Sophie's POV:

We arrive at the sushi place, I get out and Mom follows me while Dad and Elizabeth stay in the car.

As we walk in, Mom's arm is around my waist, we see people instantly taking their phones out to record or snap a picture. I've gotten used to it.

"Let's get you some sushi" Mom smiles and leads me to the counter.

I take a platter of different sushi and we go to the checkout to pay. The guy behind the counter looks bored and when he sees us he quickly stands straight and smiles.

"Is that all for today ma'am?" He smiles.

"Yes thank you" I smile back.

I pay and mom and I walk back out to the car. Elizabeth is sitting on her phone when I hop in. Dad starts the car and we drive to Italiano's.

The car is silent, I sit there staring out the window. I'm broken. I'm completely heartbroken. I can't show it though, I can't be a burden for Mom and Dad. I mean their first daughter, my sister came home for the first time ever and I don't want to be a burden.

"We're here" Dad announces, cutting my thoughts.

I quickly jump out with my sushi platter and I walk with mom, Dad and Elizabeth lead us in.

"Ciao, Mr and Mrs Mitchell, Hello Sophia, oh and who might this beautiful woman be?" Luis greets us.

"Hello Luis, this is our eldest daughter, Elizabeth" Dad smiles.

"Oh, let me show you to your table" He says in his thick italian accent.

He leads us to a table that is outside in the patio under and umbrella with the sun shining on us.

"Thank you Luis" Mom says as we take our seats.

I sit across from Dad and Elizabeth sits across Mom. We look at menus.

"You looking at a menu? Thought you wanted sushi?" Dad chuckles.

"I just want a drink, is there a problem with wanting a drink?" I sigh.

Dad looks taken aback, Elizabeth and Mom look at me shocked. I suddenly realise what I have just done. I feel so bad and my eyes tear up.

"Oh my gosh, Dad, I'm sorry... I'm just not-" I get cut off.

"Darling, I know.. It's fine, really" He smiles comfortingly and grabs my hand.

I can't believe I just yelled at my dad! What has gotten into me? I knew I should've just stayed home until I was feeling good about myself pr whatever.

"Are you ready to order?" The waiter cuts my thoughts.

"Ah yes" Dad looks at Mom and Elizabeth, letting them order first.

"I would like the shrimp carbonara with pesto on the side, and some iced tea" Mom smiles.

"I'll have the chicken fettuccine alfredo, with garlic bread and iced tea" Elizabeth orders.

"I will order a pizza margherita for the table, I would like the spaghetti alle vongole, with bruschetta on the side and iced tea" Dad says.

"Can you please bring the iced tea and some cups for the table?" I ask.

"Sure ma'am, coming up" The waiter says taking our menus.

"So Lizzie, what has been happening in London?" Dad asks her.

"Well erm, nothing exciting really. Just doing theatre, broadway same old" She smiles.

"That's nice" Mom smiles.