26

Sophie's POV:

It's one of those mornings, where I feel absolutely disgusting. I had woken up around 6am, due to a piercing pain in my lower back. I took a shower thinking it would help but it didn't.

"Sophie?" Elizabeth knocks at my door.

"Yeah, come in" I say.

The door opens and she walks in, she looks absolutely exhausted. Her nose was red and she looked as if she had been crying.

"Lizzie, what's the matter?" I ask, patting for her to sit on the bed.

"Oh, I've been up all night... thinking. I just couldn't bring myself to go sleep" She says sniffing.

"It's okay, it's okay... what were you thinking about?" I ask.

"Erm, Soph... I just have something I need to tell you all" She sighs and looks away.

"Have you been crying? You look like you're sick" I say grabbing her hand.

"..I cry when I can't sleep, but I just have something to tell mum and dad and everyone" She says.

"What? Is it bad?" I ask.

"Sophie.... I have been hiding something for so long..." She sighs as tears roll down her cheeks.

"What is it?.... Lizzie, you're scaring me" I say looking at her.

"Okay... but you have to promise me, you won't freak out" She caresses my face.

"...okay, just tell me what's the matter"  I sigh and look down.

"You know how I've grown up in London and I have my own life there?" She asks.

"Yeah?" I reply.

"Well, years ago... I was in a relationship with this guy... we were pretty committed to each other, we were together for five or so years. We were so close to getting married, it came to my wedding day and he left me at the altar" She sniffles and covers her face.

"Lizzie, I had no idea..." I gasp.

"No, it's okay... it took me a while to realise what kind of man he really was. Anyways, I was heartbroken and that same week I found out that I was two months pregnant..." She runs her hands through her hair and cries.

I looked at her, I was taken by surprise. I could see the pain in her eyes as she cried, it was like she was holding it in still. I grabbed her and hugged her tightly, rubbing her back.

"Lizzie, y-you should have told all of us sooner.. we're a-all here f-for you. You shouldn't h-hold all this in" I say trying my hardest to hold back my tears.

"I know, I know.. but I couldn't. I didn't want to ruin the happiness of everything that's happening right now with your baby shower and our family is in a very good place right now" She says, pain in her voice.

"No, don't ever hold anything back. Mom and Dad are the most understanding people we know, you should tell anything to us no matter what the situation" I explain and wipe my tears as she pulls away.

"....okay. I'll tell them now" She sighs.

"I can come with you, if you want" I smile slightly.

She nods and from that I knew she really wanted me to be with her as she speaks to mom and dad.

We walk out of my room, I'm hugging her arm. She squeezes my hand as we walk into mom and dad's room. They're sitting up in bed, dad is on his phone and mom is reading her book.

"Oh good morning girls... Lizzie what's wrong?" Mom looks up as she puts her book down.

She realises that Lizzie's eyes are red and her nose is red. Dad also looks up and sits straight, with a worried look on his face.

"I-I have s-something that I want to tell the both of you about" Lizzie stutters a little.

"What is it darling?" Dad asks, and mom pats a space for us to sit in front of them both.

As we sit down, Lizzie looks at me worryingly and I nod, reassuring her that it's okay to tell them.

"I have been hiding something from you guys for a very very long time and I regret everything... like not telling you about it" She sighs.

"Elizabeth... come on, you can tell us anything" Dad smiles.

"...I was in a relationship for five years with this guy that I met in school. We decided to get married but on the day of our wedding he left me at the altar... that same week I found out I was two months pregnant.." She's crying at this point, digging her face into her hands.

I rub her back. Mom and dad look shocked. Mom's tears are rolling down her cheeks, she wipes them slowly, they both watch Lizzie cry.

"...so w-what happened?" Dad says looking very confused.

"What do you mean dad?" I ask defensively.

"Where's the child?" He says looking at Lizzie.

"... another thing is, that time granny called you and mum about me being in hospital because I was sick. I wasn't sick..." She blurts out and is in tears.

"What?" Mom gasps and looks at dad.

"..I c-can't" Lizzie looks at me, pain in her eyes.

"It's okay... I'm here Lizzie" I hug her.

"W-why were you in hospital that time?" Dad asks.

"...I was in pain and I couldn't feel the baby moving anymore... I went into the hospital and I found out that I lost my baby" Lizzie just bursts into tears, crying so much she couldn't breathe.

"Oh my god...." Mom cries as well and moves over to us and hugs Elizabeth very tightly.

I look at dad and he is tearing up but he seems a little surprised still, he's just staring at the blanket.

"I'm sorry.... I just didn't want you guys to hate me mummy" Elizabeth cries on mum's shoulder.

"Sweetie, we will never hate you" Mom replies crying as well.

Dad moves over and hugs Lizzie, he starts sobbing as well. A few minutes later they stop crying, mom wipes Lizzies face and they sit there.

"Elizabeth, why didn't you let us know? We had no idea you were going through so much..." Mom says.

"...Seeing you guys all happy, I didn't want to ruin that... I didn't want to be a burden for anyone" She says.

"Darling, you are not a burden.. you are our beautiful daughter and I will never change that" Dad smiles and kisses her forehead.

"Can we just know two things?" Mom asks.

She nods.

"He or she? And what was the name?" She asks Lizzie.

"You were going to have a grandson... a precious grandson, my beloved little William Jr.." She tears up.

"A grandson?...." Mom fights back her tears.

"You named him after me?" Dad is touched.

"Of course... You're my hero and I love you so much" She replies and hugs him.

"I'm so proud of how far you've come baby" Mom kisses her.

They all sit there leaning on each other, and I decide to leave them alone for some time. I walk back to my room, I didn't feel that crappy anymore.

-------------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoy!

PS: Sorry for the late updates, I'm just really busy with everything else! But I hope you like this chapter! More to come, stay tuned!