11

"Sophie! Soph! Sophia May Mitchell-Smith" Rebecca calls out.

"Oh my gosh, woman! What do you want?" Sophie yells back.

"Don't you dare speak to me like that! I am not your friend, I'm your mother" Becca growls, as her daughter stands at the door rolling her eyes.

"Tell me something I don't know" She says with an attitude.

"I don't know why you're giving me attitude, I don't know what I did" Becca sighs, and sits on the side of the bed.

"Oh come on, are you going to tell me what you called me for?" Sophie groans.

"You know what? Go to your room, think about how you wanna talk to me, and when you have your respect back, come to me" Becca narrows her eyes.

"UGH. YOU'RE SO ANNOYING!" Sophie yells and storms off to her room, slamming the door behind her.

Elizabeth's POV:

Sophie has been an awful lot of angered teenager for the past few days. Mum and Dad don't know why she's acting this way, it's shocking. Mum has been the one that usually argues with her.

I walk into Mum and Dad's room, she's on the bed with her head in her hands. I walk over and place my hand on her shoulder.

"Lizzie, I just don't know why she's like this all of a sudden" Mum looks up at me.

"Mum, it's the cycle of a first break up" I sigh.

"Rosie and Em didn't have that anger problem" She says.

"Yeah well, a lot of people handle it differently. She's just getting all the anger out right now. I was the same. First is the crying, then the anger and lastly, the guilt of being angry. She'll be back to her smiley self soon" I explain.

"I know, I know. It's just the bickering, I've never had to deal with any of that" She sighs.

"Don't worry, just ignore her sass" I smile.

"I'm just worried because she's also having to deal with the back pains by herself in the middle of the night because every time I try to help she yells at me" Mum wipes her face and gets up.

"Come on, let's go down to dad, he'll cheer you up" I say grabbing her arm and we walk down the stairs together.

Dad is outside by the pool, reading a book in the sun. We walk over to him.

"Honey, I had another argument with Soph" Mum sighs and plops herself down next to him.

"What? Why? She's getting out of hand, I'm telling you" He says putting his book down.

"No no no honey, it's a cycle of break up. Lizzie went through it too" Mum puts her arm on his shoulder.

"So, it's what she is just going through?" Dad asks.

"Yes, she'll be fine" I smile.

"So where is she now?" Dad asks.

"Well, I sent her to her room and told her she can only come out when she finds the respect" Mum sighs.

"Wow, she's worse than Emily, and Em is definitely our most stubborn child" Dad laughs.

"Lizzie is the wise one, Rose is the fragile sweet one, Emily is the talkative-stubborn one and Sophie is the baby, I think she is the dreamer" Mum smiles.

"Just a few days ago she was in bed with me, telling me what she was going to name her kids" I laugh.

"Rozaly Elle & Becky Jane" Mum says looking at me.

"Yes, how did she come up with those names?" I asks curious.

"Well, Rozaly is; you, Rose and Emily's names together; Ro from Rose; Za from you; and Ly from Emily. Elle is just a name she's always liked. Becky Jane is inspired by your father and I; Becky was what your father called me when we first met; and Jane is a girl name instead of James" She explains.

"Wow, she is one smart girl; isn't she?" Dad smiles.

"Very" I smile.

"So, when are we going to get grandchildren from you? Huh Lizzie?" Mum giggles.

Her giggle is so cute; I love her so freakin much.

"Hey, don't be surprised when I show up pregnant" I wink.

"Oh, I can't wait to be a grandfather" Dad says looking at me.

"I always secretly hoped that Rose would have her first child before thirty; but I guess it's going to happen in her own time" Mum sighs looking around.

"You three better hurry and have kids; we're not going to be here forever" Dad laughs.

"Oh stop it! You and mum could live to one hundred and not even look a day over fifty" I hit dad playfully.

"Well, speak for yourself you old bat" Mum laughs and lays her head on dad's chest.

"Oh I'm just kidding" He smiles and plays with her hair.

"So I have a few more days and then I'm going to New York to spend time with Rosie" I say.

"Oh yes! You two can finally hang out and be the crazy pair that you are" Mum smiles.

"You are coming back here right?" Dad asks.

"Of course I am dad" I chuckle.

"I'm going to go in for a drink, do you want anything?" I ask mum and dad.

"Can you get me some apple juice and water for your dad" Mum suggests.

"Okay, I'll be back" I run into the kitchen and go to the fridge to grab some drinks.

Sophie's POV:

I'm in my room sitting on my bed. I've been in a bad mood lately, but I can't control the things that I say or do. I know I've hurt mom and Lizzie but I can't help it.

I hear laughing outside. I look out and see mom and dad laughing with Lizzie. That. That's what a family looks like. I want that. I need that right now.

I want to go down and apologise to them for my behaviour, the past few days have been hard for me to communicate. I haven't spoken to dad in three days.

I haven't eaten with them in three days, haven't been singing or playing music for three days; haven't interacted with them in three days, except for yelling at mom all the time.

I've made her cry and cry to my dad. I've said the most hurtful things a daughter could say to her mother. I've heard her sing to me while I'm sleeping. I've pushed her away when I'm in pain in the middle of the night.

For this; I blame myself.

For trusting someone; and for falling in love.

-------------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoy!