13

"Dad?" Sophie opens the door to her fathers office slowly.

She hears no answer but she walks in anyway. James is sitting on his desk typing away at the laptop.

"Dad..." Sophie sighs quietly.

James just keeps typing.

"Look dad, I know what I did the other night was disrespectful and cruel. I don't know what has gotten into me, I didn't mean anything, I know I didn't because it didn't feel like any of the words were coming from my heart; but my head. I just..." Sophie says in a calm tone and starts tearing up.

James looks up from his laptop, at his youngest daughter standing there crying. He could see how much pain she was in, emotionally. All he wanted to do was hug her and tell her that it's alright and make her feel safe; but he also wanted to be straight forward and tell her how much her mother is hurting.

"I just... really needed time to get over Mike and being left like that isn't what I had expected. For once, dad... I-I thought I had my forever, I thought I had it all planned, I thought I had everything I ever needed and in one day... th-that all disappeared. I didn't know how to express my feelings to you and mom. I had to shut myself away and I kept my anger bottled up, I started hating myself more and more each day. I know mom's hurt. I know I've hurt her these past few days, and I feel like I will never be able to have the same bond with her after the way I've treated her. She does not deserve anything that I've said and done. She has been my rock, and the only person I can run to if I ever need advice. She's my mommy and I hurt her. After all she has done for me, these past eighteen years. In return I gave her a hard time. Why? Because I'm stupid. I can't say enough sorry's to compare the words I have said to you mom; but I love you two so much and I j-just, I just want you two to love me back again..." Sophie is now in tears barely getting her words out.

James gets up from his desk and wipes his eyes. Sophie looks up at him.

"Dad, please.... I need you and mom to love me" Sophie cries into her hands, she knows she hurt her parents. Why would they ever want to love her back?

"Sophie, from the day you were born; your mother and I have loved you more each day that goes by and we will never stop" James walks over and wraps his arms around his 'little' girl.

Sophie cries into her dad's chest, she feels safe in her dad's arms. A feeling she has been longing to feel. She's at home.

They hug for a while longer, as Sophie starts calming herself down. She sits down in a chair and faces her dad. Her eyes red, from tears. James smiles down at her and sits beside her.

"Darling, are you okay now?" He asks.

"Yeah, I just need mom..." She smiles and nods slowly.

"Well, I think it's time to see her now" James says getting up.

Sophie shakes her head looking down.

"I can't face her; dad, not after what I did" She sighs.

"Sophie... I know your mother. She's been dying to have you in her arms. She wouldn't go sleep at night because she's been crying every night. She won't eat much because she's constantly worrying about you. Your mother misses you.. we miss you" He says holding his arm out.

Sophie stands slowly and walks towards her dad. He puts his arm around her shoulder. They walk down to the family room, where Rebecca is resting. She's on the couch cuddling the cushion.

Sophie looks at her mother, and bursts into tears. She cries silently, her tears streaming down her cheeks. James comforts her.

"I can't" She whispers.

"Yes you can" James kisses her forehead.

Sophie walks up to her mom and sits on her side.

"M-mom" She says wiping tears away.

Rebecca is still sleeping.

"M-mommy..." She says louder.

Rebecca moves around and opens her eyes slowly. She looks up at Sophie and gets up quickly. She pauses for a second.

Sophie goes in straight for a hug before things could be said. Rebecca is shocked for while and the realises what's happening. Sophie cries in her mom's shoulder as Becca starts tearing up as well.

"Mom...I-I'm sorry" Sophie manages to get out.

"No, Sophie. I know you were going through a tough time... It's okay" Becca smiles.

James watches as they hugged for a while longer.

"Mom...I love you, and I miss you" Sophie smiles slightly as they break apart.

"Soph, I love you more than you could ever imagine" Becca smiles as she tucks Sophies hair behind her right ear.

"I know I hurt you.." Sophie looks down.

"Soph, that is in the past now. I'm happy that you're back here with me and your dad" Becca says.

James sits down next to Sophie. Becca hugs Sophie as she leans her head on her shoulder.

"Elizabeth left already?" She asks.

"Yeah, she'll be back soon though" Becca replies.

"I haven't really spent time with her as much as I would've loved to" Sophie sighs.

"Well, you have a week more with her" James says.

The three sit in front of the television, watching  'The Blind Side'.

"I love this movie" Sophie smiles.

"I love Sandy" Becca says as the film starts.

"She's magnificent, isn't she?" James teases.

Becca gives him a glare.

"But you my darling, you are the most astonishingly beautiful woman" He smiles at his wife.

"Oh stop, I'm blushing" She giggles.

"It's cute" He says.

"Okay, okay... we get it. You two are a cute couple" Sophie laughs.

"Of course we are" Becca laughs.

They watch the film and once again they feel happy and like a family.

-------------------------------------------------------

Enjoy this chapter!