14

A thunderstorm. Thunder and lightning. Crashing and bashing outside.

Sophie lays in her bed with her blanket pulled over her head. She thinks of the worst. She hears a noise outside her window, she shoots her head and looks out.

"Mommy!" Sophie sits up against her bed frame.

"Mommmmyyyy!" She screams and starts bawling her eyes out.

"Sophie, what's the matter?" Becca runs in and grabs her into her arms.

"I'm scared" She cries and hugs her mother tightly.

"Aw, let's go back to mommy and daddy's room" Becca carries her to their room.

James is reading a book, he looks up at his wife and daughter.

"The storm?" He asks.

"You know it" Becca smiles.

"Just a few more crashes of thunder and the two girls will join us" James smiles as Becca and Sophie get comfortable.

"Hey daddy, I'm scared" Sophie pouts and lays her head on his shoulder.

"Aw, well you're with us now.. so don't be scared" James plants a kiss on her forehead.

Lightning bolts, followed by a thunder crash. Sophie pulls the blanket over her face. Just then, Emily runs in.

She realizes that her parents are staring at her, James smirks.

"Oh, uh I was just checking if..erm- Sophie was okay? I didn't see her in her bed so I figured she was here" Emily blabs on and on.

"Oh whatever... you're scared" Roses voice fills the room, as tries to be heard over the rain outside.

"Rose? What brings you here?" Becca asks.

"I just heard Emily run out so-" The thunder crashes.

Both the girls hug each other and scream. James and Becca look at each other and smirk, knowing well that their two girls were frightened.

"Come here" Becca says as she picks Sophie up and moves down over next to James.

Rose lies next to Sophie and Emily at the end of the bed. James, Becca, Sophie, Rose and Emily all in one big bed.

"Mommy?" Sophie looks up at her mom.

"Yeah?" Becca replies.

"Sing song" She smiles.

"Okay, which song?" Becca asks.

Thunder crashes. The three girls cover their ears and close their eyes.

"Thunderstorms. The Mitchell-Smith Girls' weakness" James says continuing to read his book.

"Okay, I'm going to sing a song now" Becca smiles and lifts Sophie so that she was sitting on her laps.

Emily and Rose lay there looking at their mother, James also puts his book down.

"Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep,
Guard me while I sleep tonight,
And wake me safe at dawn's first light,
I love you my darling girl,
You mean more than the whole world,
I will never leave you dear,
Mommy's always going to be here"

Becca ends the song and looks around. Emily and Rose are yawning, but still look at Becca, knowing that their verses are coming up.