C H A P T E R 3 : T A L K S

Driving home, my mind was focused on Samuel. I knew Adrian and Timothy didn't believe me, that much was clear, but I was like a lie detector. And if I was honest, I was indifference. Yes of course he could die, but I've seen so many people die that it just appeared to be the new routine. To kill now, and ask questions later.

Michael was still in my apartment. The girl I presumed he left with was nowhere in sight. I had to wake his lazy butt for guidance. I know it's a shocking to ask Michael for anything that makes sense, still he was my go to. My extra hands in the lie detecting business, well the part that he knows I do.

“Get up.” I shake him up. His body jumped forward while his legs sticked out.

“What time is it?” He yawned.

“Relax. Its your day off.”

He sighed, yawning again before attempting to fall back to sleep. I shoved him off my bed, where he stumbled on the bed until he fell down, rubbing his head as he stood up.

“Hey!” he yelled throwing one of my pillows.

“Get of my bed.” I told him.

He mocks me, “get off my bed.” making a face too.

“I'm in the living room. Be there after you wash up.”

I walked out, and sat on my black couch. It took a good 15 minutes to get wash up and dressed in ‘normal’ clothes before he sat across  with his right leg on top of his other.

“Why did you wake me up?” his still tired.

“I had another case.”

He scoffed, blinking fast. “Geez, keep talking like that and people might think you have an honest job like me.”

I scanned his cheesy face, and bit the inside of my mouth. All Michael knews was that I work for some bad people. And all I had to do was find out the truth like what he does sometimes. He's a lawyer, surprising I know. That's what makes him the best person to talk to about stuff like this.

“So I got another client.”

“And…” he rolled his hand waiting for more information.

“And I have a smug. The guy telling me he didn't do it, and I practically believe him.”

“He's guilty.” Michael said right off the bat. He didn't wait for me to explain further. He had already made up his mind.

“That's what I thought at first, but his eyes never shifted from mine.”

“You think the guys telling the truth.”

“It wouldn't be the first time.”

He sat there in thought, scratching the side of his face. “Okay. Since I can't actually meet any of your ‘clients,’ than trust him. If your 100% sure he didn't do it, then that's all you need.”

I thanked him, “ now get out.”

He pouted, sticking his bottom lip out as he slowly walked towards the door. “Can I stay?” he asked.

I shook, my head. “I have to go back to work.”

He groaned, stomping his feet as I closed the door behind me. “Are we meeting later?”

“Yeah, the usual hopefully in 20 minutes.”

He gives me 2 thumbs up, and rushes down to press the elevator door. We stooding there in silence, and then parted ways.

He was heading to his apartment, I had to convince Mr. Collins that this one was a sham. Obviously I have my record as back up, still he loved to test me.