C H A P T E R 6 : M A R R I A G E P A C K

When I got home from a pretty good date, I expected no one to be home. Also I didn't expect the weirdest news to come face me.

Michael was laying on my couch with his head aching. I knew because he was groaning like crazy which is his tell tell sign that he wants to talk about something. I assumed meeting Karla didn't go as well, or the way he had hoped it would.

I closed the door behind me and approached his exhausted body. "How did it go?" I sang, trying to make my voice soothing. I was probably gone for a good half an hour, which isn't enough time to talk about life altering things like a baby. I would expect him to either sleep over trying to figure it out, or stay there at least another 2 hours longer.

"I'm getting married." he blutered out in a dull tone springing it up on me.

I stopped in my tracks. I had just thrown my key onto the kitchen counter, and was slowly pulling my jacket off, when he said that.

"I'm sorry what?" it had to be a joke, I told myself blinking repeatedly, trying to find any hint of amusement in his voice.

I couldn't.

"I'm serious."

"How did this happen?" I asked rushing over and taking a seat near him.

He signed, rolling over. "Mom would be disappointed. She can't know about this, plus it was the right thing to do."

And that's when I decided to consider his crazy plan. Obviously it was the right thing to do, especially if his mother knew anything about it she would probably suggest the same thing. She's old fashion. Sometimes it could be a good thing, and sometimes not so much.

"Well have you thought about everything at least...the cost of it all?"

"He shrugged his shoulders paying no attention to me. "I'm a lawyer."

That seemed to be his answer to these days since he past. I on the other hand stare at him blankly, giving on already.Besides he'd made his mind up meaning there was no point in trying to convince him otherwise. All you could do was sit there and agree with whatever scheme comes to his mind.

"What do you want from me?"

He looked up at me, and turned his head away from me. "I need to create a contract and help us convince our parents."

"no, because those aren't big demands at all." I said sarcastically. Just when I think I'm getting a break, something comes up and takes that away. "You want me to create a marriage contact or something." I suggested.

Michael sat in thought, "I guess contract isn't the right word. I mean make up a list of things that would normally be asked by the 3 date. Like are you a city person or...what do you do? Something around those lines."

"Because your my best friend and you're actually taking responsibility-"

"It's a life." he interrupted sitting up, shocked at me. Surpised that his past behaviour would even be considered a factor into his new reality. He was going to be a dad, and actually be there too.

"I know, and I feel partial at fault. I'll help you."

"Thank you, " he laid back down with his arm resting on his forehead.

"But I'm not a love guru. I can't just make a marriage pack."

"I know. " he smiles. He sits ups again, leaning towards me. "That's why I was hoping you and this mystery girl could do it together, that's if you've called her yet. You know to know each other while helping out an old friend." he raised his eyebrows a couple of times, and finished it of with a wink.