C H A P T E R 7 : W H I T E H A I R

I sat in my office while the building itself had shut down. I was probably the only employee working, flipping through stacks and stacks of paper until something caught my eye.

A payment plan.

Those were always a bad sign. Seeing the amount of money that needs to be owed made me doubt myself and the truth in this man's case, still I looked though anyway. Making sure that the slight bit of hope that I received wasn't a lie.

I took a deep,breath and skim though the sheet if paper to relax my muscles. The amount ow was a total of $1,182. Samuel could had paired that off in a week with the type of if job he had. It would make no sense otherwise.

I rushed out to Mr. Collins room to see the lights out and someone inside, and quickly hid behind the long white wall next to me. From where I stood they were using the phone light to read a file. I could tell the colour well enough from where I stood hiding, but seeing this had confirm my suspicion.

I was right. Then again I was always right. Someonething was up, and I know Clarence clearly told me even if he didn't flat out say it, that I should be careful and possibly quick while I m ahead. Yet here the proof was that I needed.

Pulling out my cellphone, I took a couple of pictures, making sure the flash wasn't on and zoomed into the guy sitting at the desk now.

Obvious I wasn't going to sneak up behind him and attack him. The person who sent him would know someone, being me was on their trail, plus the best way to prove someone's innocence is becoming a spy. Something I'm an expert on.

They had white hair, which is stupid. Hair that obvious is an easy way to find. He came out, stuffing a brown file inside his leather jacket and sipping it up. He looked both ways to see if anyone was coming his way, and took a right walked down the long hallway.

I followed closely behind, leaving a good amount of distances between us when Stephanie Clark the head of media crossed his path. She was focused on her phone, while her red heels clicked against the floor, and a few strips of her brown hair falling down her face.

The guy tried to move his shoulders closer to himself to avoid touching her, but he caught her unwanted attention. Her grey eyes stared at him for a few seconds before scoffing away. I decide it was the only moment I was getting, so I took it. I headed over calling after her just as he turned around.

White clearly dyed hair, blue eyes, and a small tattoo on the side of his neck like an anchor.

"Stephanie!" her eye strung up smiling at me.

"Lucas, what up?"

You know who that guy? I wanted to asked even thought it would be too obvious. She wasn't food at keeping secrets.

"Quick question, what do girls like?" And that's when I brought my so called relationship to question.

If people suspected I was here for a friendly chat with Stephanie even one would know I was taken and needed help trying to impress a girl that seemed bored with everything except a speakerphone.

She squealed with joy that her face had lines at the edge of her lips. "Your seeing someone?"

I nodded, running my hands through my hair. "Yeah, and I know you usually work late and hope you could help me out with this."

She didn't seem to bye and so I added the iceing to the cake. "Plus your amazing sat this stuff."

She walked quicker to her office which was a door door from Mr. Collins. "Okay, come...step into my office."

Easy.

"What type of girl is she?"

I sat down taken back. "I don't know. I've only just went on a first date and doubt they'll be a second honestly."