C H A P T E R 1 5 : S C A R S

I thought she was alseep.

I sat on the edge of my bed, while her whole took over the rest of my bed. I didn't mind though, I was too busy thinking about the knife in my hand to focus on her seemly still body.

I took off my shirt, and threw it on the floor, right in front of me. Then I started to move my hands against the left side of my body and felt the scares that I created for every death I brought upon someone. Seeing Samuel with barely any flesh to cover his skin made me think. He might as well be dead, and this whole goose chase would be for nothing.

As soon as the blade touched my skin, I felt a cold finger move up and down my side.

"What's this?" Her voice weak as she shrugged to say those couple simple words.

"It's nothing." I answered, but all her attention was focused on that one part of me. My bruises.

I tired to push her hands away to put my shirt back on, but she fingers went back to them. Moving a long the terrible cut line that I had created a long time ago.

"Just leave it." I say, holding onto her hands tightly.

"What happened?"

"It's not like you care. You made it clear as soon as this is over our friendship is terminated."

"Okay, but until then what happened?"

"It's nothing." But she didn't stop there.

"You had a knife out, and touching your side. Am I not supposed to say anything."

Filled with anger, I turned to her. "You're not supposed to say anything. " I spit it out like venom, as her eyes widen and her breathing became shallow.

I cooled down, took a deep breath and closed my eyes. "I'm sorry." I began. "That was uncalled for."

"No, your right. " she told me getting off the bed.  "It wasn't my place."

She walked away to my bathroom, and stayed there for a while.  I hadn't know it yet, but my hands were running against my bruises, just like hers did.  I had stopped the process and grabbed my shirt from the ground, and pulled it over my head. 

I walked towards the door, knocking on it. "Hey," I whispered. "I'm about to get something to eat. Do you want anything?"

No sound. 

I sighed, scratching my head as she opened the door. "I'm not hungry."

Again, I sighed, but I exaggerated this one. She wasn't going to let it go. I could feel it, and I definitely saw it. "I'm sorry."

She turned around shrugging her shoulders, "I just want to know." 

And I give in.

Maybe it's because of the way she looked at me with those big brown eyes of hers, or her voice slowly and slowly become so quite that it eventually becomes silent, but I gave in.

"Alright, " I whispered while my head held down. "Sit down."

She keeps her eyes on me, as she inches closers and closers to the bed where she crossed her legs on.

I take my shirt off and her hands again wander around the side of my body. Eyes wide with interested, and her breathing slowly shallow. 

"What is it?" She asked.

"It's for ever person I killed."

She stopped, quickly pulling her hands back.  "Why did you pull out the knife?"

"Because I was about to make another one."

"On who?"

"Samuel. " I stated.

"But he isn't dead."

"Not yet." I replied. "You saw how he looked like. They're going to a Tarver him to death."

"Not if we prove your innocents. " she inched closers to me.

I look back at her, "you would do that. Not just because your life is also on the line."

"Yeah, beside I get to help myself out too."

I nodded, and walked over and pulled out my laptop.

-------
I'm sorry for this extremely long update. But I'm getting the hand of everything, and hopefully it will all go back to normal.

Comment what you think

Like & Share