C H A P T E R 14 : T R U S T

A good conversation was something I missed. I wanted to talk to Michael, but was afraid that I'll drag him into this situation just like Naomi. Plus they already knew who Michael was, I didn't want to bait them.

I don't remember what on earth told me to go to that warehouse, but I did. Naomi and I walked into that building hesitate with the idea that they were around. I saw no cars anyway in sight that looked similar, but I couldn't help but wonder what Samuel was doing here all alone.

He seemed famished, weak, and also appeared to have lost some weight only because I could see his collar bone pop out more than it normally did.

Good thing I brought some leftover, and now Naomi gets to witness the big fuck up I made.

Her heart dropped. I could tell by her sudden lack of breath that had her inching closers and closers to the door. When she finally gain some composer, she walked over to him watching me feed him.

"What's going to happen to him?" She questioned.

"Nothing if I do my job right. "

All she could do was stare at times with worried eyes and half open mouth, just eying him like he was a different species that fascinated her. It was terrible, but I think it's only because she feels for him too much.

When the food ran out, I could hear footsteps slowly creeping up to me. And when it finally reached me,  twist my body so fast, and pulled their arm down, almost cracking it.

"Ow, what are you doing here?" It was Clarence, I let go.

"You're not supposed to be here,  if they catch you up can't protect you."

Naomi chimed in, "hi I'm sorry but will be on our way now."

She reached for my arm, but I pulled back just in time. "No I'm got leaving."

"The nice guy decided to let us have another day, and I suggest you listen to him." She turned to Clarence, "I'm sorry he's stubborn."

"Yeah, I already know." He told her.

As soon as I scoffed at the two of them, Timothy walked though those doors holding a gun straight at us.

Clarence backed up with both husband hands held high, "I raised to warn you." He sang leaving.

"You're really stupid. " I told Tim.

He rolled his eyes and started shooting. I duck, pulling her down with me. The only place you can hide in here is behind the columns.

I rushed her behind the closes one, and told her to say put. She nodded her head rapidly, while I looked back to see where Tim had gone.

And with that, he fell. Naomi and tripped him without my knowledge on how and when she left, as the gun fell close to me.

I kicked it to her, as he grasped me by the back and locked me in a chock hold.

I kicked the gun to her telling her to shot him, but she panicked, holding the gun fearful.

"I've never shot anyone!' Her voice shaking nervous, as her unsteady body trembled.

I lowered  my voice, trying to sound calm as can be and again repeated myself and told her to shot him. "It would be okay if you shot me by accident," Obviously it isn't, but I had to ease her though it.

After it all, she decided out of the blue to close her eyes and shot something. At that very moment, I didn't know whether I was alive and time froze or pacing through on my way to hell, but he let go.

She shot Timothy in the leg, not me! I seized the moment, kicked him in the balls and ran over to her screaming for her to run.

She rushed out and I follows running out. We got on my motocycle that she complained about earlier after I took it out of my storage.  Naomi panicked telling me to hurry up, and I did. I put both helmets on as Timonthy started to exit the building  coming out shotting at the bike. 

I rode as fast as I could to a safe place that I has on the side if this every happened.  I have to be prepared in my line of work.

The question kept on repeating itaelf over and over in mh head until I said it. "Who shoots with their eyes close!"

"I though I was going to die!" She yelled. "Besides it's your fault."

"How is its my fault?"

"You kicked the gun to me."

I sighed, already annoyed and relief I was alive, but I needed a break. When we finally got to my second apartment,  she looked around and sat down.  It's was a okay, that I will admit, but I want only bought it's for the purpose of a good hideaway and it was a studio apartment if I may add.

The while place was grey and a light shade of blue, all cool colours, while one bed sat by the brown window that they wouldn't let me paint over.

"I didn't expect your hideout to be so cool." She said referring to the colour scheme.

"They're my favourites colours." I replied.

*****
Since school is taking over my writing time, I don't think I'll keep up with my schedule time, but I will still be updating every week.

Comment, Like, & Share