C H A P T E R 1 6 : S O F A R

I felt like I could trust her, like we've been in this situation for a while now that I just needed to tell her what was going on with me. not because I was guilty or anything, I don't feel guilty. Its not like I did anything to feel that way anyway.

Here she was trying to help me figure out this situation and I was ignoring her like I could handle all of this by myself, and I was wrong.

"Okay," I whispered. "It's your life too. It's only fair I let you figure it out too."

"That's the spirit." She smiled, giving me a quick hug and then running off.

When she came back she brought a notebook, a bunch of pens that she could find and ordered some food all in the span of 20 minutes.

"What's all this for?" I asked flipping through the empty notebook.

"Since we're going to be here long might as well make out what we know."

"Okay, what do we know?" I asked me. 

"We know your boss is the bad guy, Clarence is trying to protect you, and Samuel alive." Naomi answered.

"We also know that Michael doesn't know anything about this, so he'll be expecting me at his party tomorrow night." I told her, springing the idea up actually.

"A party? Your seriously thinking of having fun when your being hunted like wild animals." she raised a brow, questioning my sanity just by that look. 

"I have to be there, it's more of a baby shower and besides I need to bring the marriage contract that I still haven't finished up." she didn't understand me and my promises. When I promise something I stick to it, no matter what's going on around me. 

"Okay, here's another idea how about you tell him you can't make it because I don't know something dire a up." she suggested hinting at the fact that we might die if this does go haywire. 

"Ha-ha very funny, I can't." 

"Then here's another idea, tell the fucking truth."

"And get him wrapped up in all of this." My brows frowned, "No way. I'm not putting him in danger like that. He couldn't handle this much presure." 

"Why not, I'm already in this. Does that mean I can handle all of this?" her voice started to rise, squeak even.

"Yeah, but he's like my brother. I just kinda met you barely a month ago." I regretted it instantly. I closed my eyes tightly, hoping she wouldn't catch it, but she would. she stood right in front of me, of course she would. 

"Fine, get this over with so we can figure out this plan." she grabbed her jacket, and headed towards the door. 

I titled my head, whining as I asked her where she was going. "Naomi where are you going?" 

"I'm getting more food. We're going to be here all night and morning basically." 

I knew I came on too strong. I knew I messed up with the whole family thing, saying she was basically nothing compared to Michael. I know I could have worded it better, but I didn't. And now she was going to get something to eat.

"Alright fine go."

"Thank you."

Obviously, she needed time and a place where I wasn't and that was understandable.  I needed a day, a night, a hour at the least to not worry about all of this bullshit.

So while she was out calming herself down or whatever she was actually doing, I decided to actually start on this whole marriage contract that I promised I'll finish. 

The most important thing Michael and Karla needed to know is:

1) Where did they live? Location matter whether they wanted to raise the baby in a city or somewhere else.

2) What they wanted out of this? For the kid though.

3) Favouite food? Just like Naomi and I. (that one made me smirk, thinking about a simpler time even if it was like a week or 2 ago.)

4) Which brought me down to the next one. Allergies?

It was half an hour later when she came back.

"Where did you go?"

"Relax," she said throwing herself on the bed. " I got Chinese food across the street. "She held the bag up.

I stood there, "You shouldn't be going that far." I told her rummage through the bag, "did you get fortune cookie?"

"I always do."

*****
It's been a long time since I updated this, and for that I'm sorry. But I won't be able to post on a schedule. So just wanted to make sure you guys know that it's going to be slow updates. Random too, hopefully on Tuesday like I did previous.

So... Comment, Like, & Share