fourteen

It's been a month since the incident. The days all seem the same to Ashton for he hardly leaves that green bench. Every day strings together, sunrise after sunset, with every wave from the cheery runner, with every sigh. Something has changed in him. The dogs galloping across the sidewalk no longer bring a grin to his face. The flowers that were once growing proudly in the rainy days of spring have began to wilt from the heat of summer, and Ashton doesn't mind it. Two months ago he would have been watering and singing to them every single day until their colors came back, but now he wants no color in his life. His life seems dull without the reappearing blue he used to have. He doesn't want the other colors if it means he can't have the blue.

Ashton spends his days letting the collar of his shirt get soaked from the tears that fall down his cheeks. He thinks of Blue Eyes often, always waiting for the relief of his presence next to Ashtons. But the relief never comes. He knew he shouldn't have pushed Luke so much. He knew he wasn't stable enough and he did it anyways.

"Excuse me", a voice from above him said. Ashton's head shot up, with a smile on his face. He knew Blue would come back for him.

However, the smile faded fast.

"May i sit here? This seems like a good place to relax"

It wasn't Blue.

"Who are you?"

"Forgive me, my name is Theo. Short for Theodore. I was named after my great great grandfather who fought-"

Ashton never thought he would be so bored of learning someone's name.
He missed whoever the pale boy who used to sit next to him was. Lucifer, Lucile, Lucas. He didn't care for his name anymore. He just missed Blue.