sixteen

Two months have gone by with no sign that Luke is still alive. He just suddenly seemed to have vanished. Ashton was not a credible source to that possibility though, because he only knew of one place to find Luke. That place was the bench. Over the past month, Theo has began to sit next to Ashton three times a week. On Sundays because it's always good to rest up before the week begins. On Wednesdays because his mother comes to visit him on Thursdays and he needs the time to prepare. On Fridays because how on Earth will he get all of his pent up frustrations about his mother out. Ashton didn't mind. He enjoyed the company of someone like Theodore.

Theo had curly, dark brown hair. The curls were loose and free, which Ash admired. His skin was dark and soft. He had bulky shoulders, muscular arms, but always dressed in colorful silky dress shirts that got tucked into his pants waistband. He was warm and protective. He made Ashton feel safe even if he wasn't sitting beside him. Ashton loved that.

As the days carried on, the worry for Luke began to fade. The built up love that Ashton made the mistake of expressing had began to slowly drift away, like the seeds of a dandelion after they have been blown off.

Perhaps this was a good thing.