nineteen

6 months.
So far is had been 6 months since Luke last saw Ashton. In those 6 months, Luke has began to take his therapy seriously. He no longer sits in the therapist's minty green chair and waits for his time to run out.

Something in Luke just made him never want to better himself. As if anyone but himself was out to get him and set him up for failure. He always told himself that he was making progress on his own to make himself feel better. Deep down however, he knew he was not. With every trail of thought that he had, the ending was always his own death. Every sunrise and sunset that Luke had watched through his bedroom window from his messy bed was another day without food.

His weight had gained. He did not look unhealthy anymore. His deep, blue eyes were almost glowing.

For the past week he hadn't been able to sleep with the thought of seeing the boy again. He imagined walking over to the central park bench and tapping Ashton's shoulder. Ashton would turn around in confusion and irriation but as soon as he saw Luke, he would jump to his feet and yell "Blue Eyes!"
Luke would pull him in by his waist and place a kiss on his lips. He would kiss Ashton all over his face and then hold him close.

Luke was mentally doing better,
and he couldn't wait to show Ashton.