Chapter 4: Lonely

T.W.: mentions and some description of abuse

Natsuki POV:

  I had skipped literature club for the past two days. Suprisingly enough it wasn't because of what Yuri said to me. But because of what my dad did to me. All I had done was tripped over his beer bottle and knocked his TV tray over. My whole left shoulder was bruised from when he threw me at one of the kitchen chair and  broke it against my shoulder from the force.  He had then gotten more pissed at me for breaking one of his chairs. Which is why my left eye had been swollen shut for two days. It wasn't swollen today but it was bruised. None of the other people  had cared enough to question it but I knew my club-members might. That is if they even cared that I wasn't around. I still had Yuri's book though so even if they didn't want me around I could return her book. Slowly I pulled it from my bag and tightly wrapped my arms around it.  I pushed open the door, I was late. Everyone else was already there. MC was asleep on one of the desks. Yuri was reading, Monika was writing and Sayori was...
   "Natsuki!" Sayori bounded over to me and threw her arms around me. Which jostled my hurt shoulder and I bit the inside of my cheek to avoid letting my pain show.  I shuffled Yuri's book under my arm and patted Sayori's back to hurry the hug along. Though her hold only tightened.
   "What happened to your eye?!" Monika exclaimed coming up next to Sayori, who had released me once she heard Monika's  exclamation. Monika tilted my chin eyeing the wound critically. Her fingers were hot and painful against the wound. I pulled away weakly.
   "Nothing." I murmured tiredly as I walked around them and with my right hand held the book out to Yuri. She looked surprised.
   "My book? You found it!" She took the book from me flipping through the pages, her smile made my heart pound. My stomach rumbled but for once I didn't feel it, I was lost in Yuri's excited face.  "Thank you so much!!!" She exclaimed and I shrugged. Her expression turned sad. "I'm so sorry for what I said!" Suddenly her arms were wrapped around me. Her cheek was pressed up against the top of my head. "I h-hope you can forgive me."

Suprisingly enough it felt nice

Suprisingly enough it felt nice. Warm, comforting. I closed my eyes melting into her gentle embrace. We sat there for awhile. Her hold felt nice.  Then my shoulder twinged with pain, as if reminding me I was weak and hurt and all good things must come to an end. I pulled away. Yuri frowned in concern as if just noticing my eye for herself.
   "It's fine or whatever. I completely forgot anyway." Which was a total lie, I hadn't even told her how I found her dumb book either. I sighed I guess some things were better left unsaid.
    "Is your shoulder hurt too?" Sayori questioned hands behind her back as she tilted her head to the side.
  "I'm fine." I murmured, Sayori frowned and with that I retreated back into the closet. I growled, my mangas were on the tip top shelf and my shoulder was too hurt to support them or climb up there to get them and I was short. I looked up at them bitterly. I attempted to climb it after I had given up on any other options. I was shaking from strain halfway up, I hadn't eaten in five days and my shoulder hurt... I reached the manga box...how was I going to get it down. I attempted to lift my injured shoulder only to hiss in pain. There was no way I could support myself with it either. I tried holding on with my chin as I reached for the box. I instantly lost my balance. I was falling... Maybe I'd hit my head and end my misery. Be with my mom again. Then I felt it, two warm arms cradling me. I looked back and saw Yuri's kind face.
   "What're you doing?" She whispered softly, though her tone was somewhat stern. I feebly looked towards my manga collection.
  "Not...that it's any of your business but I was trying to get my manga.." with one hand she held my back against her chest and with the other she reached up and plucked the box off the shelf with ease.
  "Here." She sat me on my feet, placing the box in my hands. My shoulder twinged and I yelped dropping the box which Yuri gracefully caught before it hit the floor. Her eyes softened as she looked at me. "Are you sure you're okay?" She whispered and I nodded taking the box with my good arm I started for the first desk within my sights.
   "I'm perfectly fine. Thanks for the box or whatever. You can go back to MC now, sorry for taking up your time" I murmured hurtfully and Yuri sighed reaching up she took the water pitcher from the shelf and disappeared out of the clubroom.
   "Bye then." She whispered softly. I sighed laying my head down on the desk.
   "Forever alone." I murmured quietly. "Always alone."

To be continued...
Okay so it's getting there, sorry for the slow pace of it all. Don't forget to comment and vote I love hearing the feedback and your lovely thoughts

XXX
Prisky