Chapter 10: Festival Feels

TW: violence, suicide mentions, possible character death

TW: violence, suicide mentions, possible character death..I'm too mean and I leave cliff hangers

Yuri's POV:

"M-make sure those get to the festival in case I don't!
in case I don't!
in case I don't!
in case I don't!"

What had Natsuki meant? In case I don't? Who had texted her? She was crying. Had I ever seen Natsuki cry so hard before? Nope. As I sat up her cupcakes for the festival, I was a little irritated, I was the only one here. I at least expected MC, Monika or Sayori even...but it was just me. I was trying to keep myself busy.

I hung my door curtain. Tacked up my banner, MC had helped me with. I was walking around lighting all of my candles and my essential oils defuser.

  But even I was running out of things to do, I'd have to eventually open the doors. I looked down at my phone in irritation. I had texted them all and still nothing from any of them. I was so worried about Natsuki that if I wasn't the only one here I'd have ran off to check on her.

  I sat down at one of the desks, keeping an eye on the clock. When the door banged open.
   "Hi Yuri sorry we're late!" Sayori exclaimed looking rough around the edges. Dark circles loomed under her eyes and her hair was ruffled. MC looked happy.
   "Are you the only one here?" He questioned and I glared at him. Drumming my fingers on the desk as I glared at him. Mostly him because I didn't really blame Sayori.
   "Um yes! I had to set this all up myself!" I complained and Sayori frowned looking around curiously.
   "Where's Monika and Natsuki?" I looked at my desk.
   "I donno, I haven't talked to Natsuki since yesterday evening." I admitted softly before I looked to her and MC. "What about you guys? What was Monika like yesterday? Did she do or say anything?" I questioned and Sayori suddenly looked incredibly guilty and MC uncomfortable. "What?" I demanded standing and Sayori pinched the bridge of her nose.

   "I worked with her through email." She murmured softly and I frowned.
  "Why?!" I demanded once more and she shuffled from foot to foot.
   "I- well I made things awkward on Friday..." She stammered and I frowned.
   "How?" She looked at MC and I understood. I quickly leveled him with a firm gaze. " MC will you go out into the hallway, call both Monika and Natsuki. " I ordered, for once there wasn't even one stammer in my voice. MC scoffed looking annoyed.
   "Are you just trying to keep me busy?" He accused and I rolled my eyes, bitting my lip in anger.
  "MC I set up this whole place! Go. Call. Them. NOW!" My tone must've shocked him because he turned dropping the box of phamplets he had been holding and left starting down the hall, phone in hand. Though I doubted either of them would answer. I turned back to Sayori, shutting the door.

  "Yuri, I've been...I've had-" I smiled at the shorter girl and wrapped her in a gentle hug.
   "It's okay Sayori I know." I soothed and she sniffed looking shocked.
  "But how-?" She whimpered and I smiled sympathetic.
   "I've known you since our first year of high school, I can see when you are happy for real and when you are putting on a mask...plus ...I've been there..." I reasoned and Sayori eyed me for the longest time then looked down.

  "This morning...it was hard...I couldn't breathe...I told...I told Monika I loved her....on...on...on Friday... My mind was awful to me this morning....so awful...it...it...it...g-got.s..o.so...bad ......that I....I even made a noose....I had it around my neck...I was about to...to jump... MC knocked on my door....I c-" she began to sob and I hugged her tightly.
   "I so glad you didn't do it Sayori. I'm so glad! Monika and Natsuki will be too. I know they will! " I promised my own tears spilling over and down the back of her uniform. I was glad MC was finally useful for something.

"Oh my God!" Sayori whispered and I released her with a frown. Watching as she stooped down and picked up one of the phamplets that fell out of the box. I peered over her head. "This wasn't the poem Monika submitted last night..." She whispered softly and my eyes widened as I read over the page

Goodbye
By Monika

Good good bye
I'm sorry but I deserve to die
Good good bye
Good good bye
I should'nt have made you cry
Good good bye
Good good bye
Life is short but mine will be shorter
Good good bye
Good good bye
Good good bye
Good good bye
With a bang life ends
Good good bye
GOOD GOOD BYE
GOOD GOOD BYE
Though when did it even begin?
BAnG bAnG

Sayori's hands were shaking and she looked up meeting my eyes.
   "Monika." I started for the door, grabbing my car keys off the desk. Sayori followed me quickly.
   "MC watch the clubroom okay!" Sayori called as he walked into the room.
................
  We sped to Monika's house quickly, thankfully Sayori knew where she lived. My mind was swirling, spinning, churning. Natsuki. Monika. My poor friends...what can I do? I can't handle this much pressure.

I looked at the locked ten foot gate that surrounded Monika's property and my heart sunk.  I rolled down the window and I hit the button buzzing to be let in. Silence was my only reply. So I just kept buzzing.
   "This is wasting time!" Sayori grumbled slamming out of the car.
   "Sayori what are you doing?" I asked and watched as she brought down a huge rock on the lock, breaking it in two.

  "Drive Yuri !" She ordered and I sped through, ramming the gate open... hopefully my parents would understand about the car. Sayori pushed open her front door.
   "MONIKA!" She screamed and I followed after her. Where even was her room in this huge as hell house.
   "Monika!" I cried out and we both ran up the stairs. I spotted a bright green door to the left. It had a baby blue 'm' on the door.

  There was nothing left to do, I put my hand on the doorknob and I took a deep breath; meeting sayori's concerned gaze and I gently opened the door.
   "Oh my God!"

To be continued....