chapter 17: No Please

Natsuki's POV:

  Monika stubbornly was standing outside Yuri's hospital room with Sayori and I

Monika stubbornly was standing outside Yuri's hospital room with Sayori and I. Why was I so stupid, first I drag her home, to my house, and then I let her tumble down my stairs?! I was trying to calm myself down.

I'm breathing erratically, I can barely see straight. My Papa was gonna be so mad, mad because of the police, mad because of the blood all over the floor, mad because I had disobeyed him. I was so scared. Scared for Yuri, scared of what my Papa was going to do.

"Natsuki calm down." Sayori persisted as she gently guided me to a sitting area. Monika sat on my other side, she looked worse for wear, her head kept nodding to the side.
"I can't Sayori, she could-" I stopped myself unable to say those words. The same words my Papa had screamed at the nurses the day my mom died. No Yuri would be okay I know she would. She had to be.

"N-nat-su-kki, some helpful a-advice...the m-moment y-you give up is the m-mom-ment you l-" her eyes grew distant as she spaced out.
"I think we should take her back to her hospital room." I murmured and Sayori chuckled softly.
"Monika is silly. She is also Soo stubborn though." Sayori smirked and together we guided her back to her room where Lila was pacing.

"Thank God! Where did you go?!" She demanded obviously upset as she pressed the nurse button.
"Sorry our friend Yuri is here too." Sayori explained gently guiding her girlfriend down onto the bed. I was still thinking of Yuri.
"Lose." Monika murmured looking at me kindly. I frowned.
"What are you talking about Monika?" I demanded and Monika grinned.
"That's my advice to you Natsuki." She exclaimed hazily and I rolled my eyes.
"Fucking Monika." I grumbled good naturedly. At a time before I would even consider Monika a friend, that would have been an insult, but now it was just a inside joke. Monika giggled and Lila's deadly glare relaxed as she brushed her fingers through Monika's hair again.
"Haha you're so cute Natsuki." She exclaimed sounding half asleep.
"Ha ha she sure is." Sayori teased as Monika reached out pulling the girl over to her bed.
"No, Sayori don't leave." She sniffed and Sayori looked guilty.
"I'm here Moni, you're safe." She promised and I couldn't help but smile. Gah what was happening to me? I was getting too soft. Monika reached out grabbing a fistful of Sayori's shirt collar and yanked her into a deep kiss. I looked away to give them privacy. Lila just rolled her eyes.

"Oh God Reo!" I heard Lily's painful exclamation from the hallway and I swiftly exited Monika's room just as a nurse was coming in. I caught sight of the tearful parents instantly and started towards them. Yuri's mom had her hair color only her hair was short in a pixie cut, but her eyes were a dark blue. Her dad had black hair that was buzzed short and those same purple eyes as his daughter. I tried to remember the picture of Yuri's brother Haruto.

     "Lily, Reo!" I called and was instantly swept up into her mom's embrace as she sobbed

"What happened Natsuki?" Her dad asked tearfully. I couldn't get out of the hug from Lily.
"Mom, Dad!" A male voice tore through the hallway and confused me completely. Thankfully Lily released me and I caught sight of the purple haired man with deep blue eyes. His hair was cut in a spikey kind of way as he ran down the hallway, a coat dangling from his elbow.

"Oh Marcus!" Yuri's mom wrapped him in a hug and I blinked trying to register the fact that Yuri had more than one brother.
"Natsuki please" her dad begged and I shook my head, I had been so lost in my own thoughts I hadn't noticed that he was talking to me.
"I, she..." How much did I say? Would I be betraying Yuri's trust if I said anything. But now I had her brother and mom's eyes on me as well.
"Go on, please." Lily begged taking my hands. God I really needed to eat something, I was shaking like a leaf.

"I... Something happened between Yuri and I...here at the hospital... She ran away. I looked and looked for her but came up empty. I was about to go home when I passed by an alley close to the bar, Yuri was upset...she wasn't herself... She was hurt, I knew al- I needs to fix her up so I took her to my house... She slept in my bed all night. She woke up disoriented and she started stumbling around, she was weak due to b-blood loss and she stumbled out into the hallway and when I followed her she and I talked and she was okay... But then she wasn't looking and stumbled backwards down the stairs.." I murmured trying to keep out the worse parts of the story, like Yuri being wasted and bloody from..cutting.

"So let me see if I can piece together this story. You and Yuri kissed, or expressed your feelings some way. Which in turn overwhelmed Yuri causing her to leave. You went in search of her and found her intoxicated and injured so you brought her back to your house where you kept watch of her all night until she woke hungover and lightheaded from her injury. You two shared another intimate moment and Yuri wasn't looking where she was going and stepped back onto nothing and presumably fell down the stairs. Am I correct?" Her dad questioned and I stared at him in shock and bewilderment. How had he...I mean he was a lawyer but what the heck!!? The only thing they didn't know was Yuri had intentionally harmed herself.

"How did you...?" I murmured in confusion and Marcus laughed good-natured like.
"He studied to be a private eye in college before he met mom and decided to go with being a lawyer instead." He explained kindly.
"She's awake." A nurse exclaimed and I felt myself relax in relief.
"Thank God." Lily murmured softly as she wiped her eyes.

"But I should warn you we have our concerns." She started and I frowned what was she talking about? Marcus wrapped an arm across my shoulders guiding me into Yuri's room while the nurse talked to her parents. There she sat as beautiful as ever.
"What's she doing here?" Yuri snapped looking away and my heart plummeted.

"Yuri I'm-" what were we exactly? "I'm your friend." I settled and she scoffed. Looking down at her lap sadly.
"I'm sorry, I've said too much..." She exclaimed frantically trying to hide within her hair. Stitches, nine of them marked the front of her forehead. All that blood had come from a nine stitch fix. I was trying to stop myself from sobbing.
"Riri what's the last thing you remember?" Marcus questioned gently as he took her hands. She tilted her head to the side looking so lost.

"I remember... Monika decided to make us write poems, and MC joined the club..." She looked at me and then I knew the last thing she remembered was me being awful to her and vice versa.

"God you're so infuriating Natsuki!" Yuri growled throwing my poem at me. I didn't make a move to catch it as it fluttered to the floor.
"Oh I'm the infuriating one!?" I raged hands shaking.
"Yeah sometimes I wish you'd never joined the club in the first place!" She snarled and all the anger left my body. She didn't want me in the club. She hated me. I had messed everything up.

"Well now that you're better, I'm going to head home. Cause it's not like I was all that concerned for you to begin with. " Before I could see her reaction I bolted from the room. I ran into the hallway tears spilling over my facade.
"Natsuki what's wrong?!" Lily called as I raced away from them. I couldn't go home, I couldn't go to school! I had to just get away. Away from everyone.
"Natsuki?!" Sayori exclaimed as I raced by.

A reality in which Yuri hated me again, is one I didn't want to be a part of.

To Be Continued...