Chapter Five

Note: This may be a little shorter than usual because I'm tired, and also I'm typing it on my iPad not PC like I usually do.... So let's see what happens!

Sun hurried after Skypelt. "Ok, Sun, do you remember what we're doing next?" Asked Skypelt, stopping right outside the camp entrance. Sun thought back. "I think you said... hunting practice?"

Skypelt nodded. "Good job. Then we'll come back, eat, and have the border patrol. Come on, we're going to hunt at that river I showed you. You know, the HollyClan border?"

Sun trotted after her mentor, weaving through the trees until they came to he HollyClan border. "Ok, Sun, here's how you hunt for the fish," Skypelt began, sitting down on the bank of the river. Sun copied her. "Sit back, so that you can still see, but your shadow doesn't fall on the water."

Sun leaned back, just able to see the water. "Ok. Now you wait for a fish to come by," Skypelt murmured. Together, they stared intently at the river. Suddenly, quick as a flash of lightning, Skypelt slammed her paw into the river, hooking a fat silver fish out gracefully. She leaned over it and killed it with a bite to the neck. She shook her paw, scattering droplets of water everywhere. "Now you try."

Sun nodded and peered at the water. "No, lean back so your shadow doesn't fall on the water," Skypelt reminded her softly. Sun leaned back a bit, stopping when Skypelt mewed, "Perfect."

Suddenly she saw a fish! She flashed her paw in, just as Skypelt had done. The plump, silver fish flashed onto the banks and Sun leaned down, killing it with a sharp nip to the neck. "Good job!" Skypelt praised. Sun glowed inside with happiness. I really like Skypelt! Just another reason why I should stay!

They continued hunting until they decided to go back, around evening. Sun's stomach grumbled. "Alright, here's what you have to do when you get back," Skypelt mewed when the ring if maple trees came into view. "First, you have to make sure that the queens, kits, and elders are fed. Then you may choose something from the fresh kill pile and eat. Remember, only fish because we need to stock up on forest prey for leafbare."

"What do I do then?" Asked Sun, feeling a little worried. "Wait for the evening patrol to be called," Skypelt instructed. "Ok. And Skypelt? Can we do some battle training too?"

Skypelt hesitated. "It's alright if you don't want to," Sun mewed hastily. "No, we can probably fit one in," Skypelt decided. "If we eat quick."

Sun nodded happily and followed Skypelt into the camp. They padded to the fresh kill pile and dropped their catches on the fresh kill pile. Sun had caught three fish and a trout. Then Sun remembered what Skypelt had said. "Skypelt, where's the elder's den?"

Skypelt purred and pointed with her tail to a flower bush with thick, shiny leaves. "Under there. And the nursery is under that ivy-covered pile of rocks."

Sun nodded and first went to the nursery. "Hello?"

"Hello!" Came a cheerful voice. "Are you this new former loner every cat's talking about?"

Sun slipped under the rock and looked around, her eyes adjusting to the dim light. After some looking, her eyes finally latched onto a snowy white she cat, with two little kits. "I brought you a fish," Sun mewed, passing it to the queen. "Thank you, dear!" She said happily. "My name is Snowblaze, and you must be this new cat everyone's talking about!"

Sun felt her fur crawl. She hadn't realized everyone had been talking about her! "Yeah..." She mumbled. "And these are my kits," Snowblaze mewed, standing up and sweeping her bright white tail to two small figures that Sun realized weren't smaller rocks, but actually bright-eyed kits. They scampered over. "This is Gingerkit," Snowblaze meowed grandly, resting her tail gently on a white and silver she cat. Gingerkit looked up at her, eyes wide. "Where did you come from?"

The other kit sniffed her. "She doesn't smell like CloudClan," she remarked suspiciously. "That's because I used to be a loner," Sun explained. "Moonkit!" Snowblaze admonished, eyes wide with shock. "I'm sorry Sun, she's not usually like this."

"That's ok," Sun mewed. The kits were lucky to have a mother. For all Sun cared, Frost was dead.

"Do you eat fresh kill yet?" Asked Sun. The kits shook their heads. "Alright then. Bye," Sun mewed, slipping out of the den. She still had a trout and a few minnows. She padded to the bush and slipped under. "Hello!"

"What do you want?" Called a grumpy voice. The light in the elder's den was much better, and Sun could see a gray and white tom in a nest next to a beautiful white she cat with rose-tipped paws. "I-I brought you a fish," Sun said uncertainly. The tom groaned. "Oh no, not another apprentice! Back when Scalepaw was an apprentice, my my, she brought us the WORST thorny bedding you could imagine! And the tick removals! Disgraceful. Eventually she died of greencough, and good riddance I say! Back in my day, why-"

As the tom continued ranting, Sun looked at the she cat uncertainly and padded over. "Ignore him," she whispered. "He's madder than a fox in a fit. Always has been."

Sun nodded. "I'm Rosefoot," the she cat mewed in a normal voice. "That's Windheart."

The tom inclined his head. "Um, I have fish for you..." Sun repeated. "I'll have the smaller one," Windheart said at once. "She has given more to the Clan, she deserves more."

Rosefoot rolled her eyes and took the plump fish Sun passed her. Windheart began to bite into his trout at once after Sun gave it to him. She backed out of the den and turned, padding back to the clearing.

Uurgh sorry guys. I know this is super confusing, but this is gonna be a new chapter, if that makes sense. I don't know, I'm tired. It's been a long week.

Thanks though for the votes and comments you guys have been leaving! I find myself staying up late at night to write this, so I'll try to get more done in the morning. Btw, I might actually publish something like this when I get older as a warriors fan fic, so you guys have read it first! 😉

Again, sorry about the confusion. I have a lot to do and a short amount of time to write, so I will try to write it on my computer more so I don't have to publish it in the middle of a sentence like I have been doing lately.

Well, I hope you liked the chapter! I've really started to grow and learn to love Wattpad and everything about it! Now, I better stop typing before I get all cheesy, so... BYE! 🐯🐯