14

Hunter didn't come to bed at all that night and at some point, Isabella managed to get herself up and changes into pyjama shorts and a tank top before collapsing back into bed in an emotional heap. Isabella tossed and turned for the rest of the night, silently pleading with Hunter to walk through their bedroom door with his usual lopsided grin, crawling into bed beside her before wrapping his arms around her body but as the house crept by she knew he wasn't coming.

His words were ringing in Isabella's head, she couldn't stop reliving the moment he told her that he "Wasn't angry, just disappointed". Of all the things he had ever felt about Isabella, he had never been disappointed, angry - yes but disappointed - no.

At 6am, Isabella finally crawled out of bed and went in search for Hunter, yet even though she knew where he would most likely be she went to every room but that one almost scared to see him, scared to hear what he would have to say because she really didn't know if her heart could take it. 

Eventually, Isabella had no choice but to knock weakly on his office door, he knew she was waiting outside and Isabella know he knew, she was waiting outside but his reply never came. With a sigh, Isabella pushed open the door, there were already people milling around the house getting ready for going on runs and for training but Isabella ignored them all as she knocked harder on the door.

Isabella knocked on the door a third, harder time.

"Ouch" she squeaked rubbing her sore knuckles

The door swung open to reveal Hunter who had a hard look in his eyes but she noticed that there was also a look of concern in his eyes as he looked from Isabella's eyes to her slightly red knuckles.

"Come on" he mutters opening the door wider for her to come in

Isabella sat on the large chair on the other side of the desk while Hunter sat on his side, he didn't look at Isabella or even speak to her as he started typing furiously on the keyboard of his MacBook. Isabella did her best to curl up on the once large chair and yet now with the bump, it seemed so small, she could feel Hunter watching her through his dark lashes pretending not too. 

"Isabella, just go back to bed," Hunter says closing his eyes as if to count to ten to calm himself down. Every time he looked at Isabella, Hunter was reminded of the secrets she kept from her and decided to console in his best friend.

"No, I don't like being there alone" she whispered biting her nail nervously, suddenly getting confidence, Isabella found herself waddling towards Hunter who tried his best to ignore her but simply couldn't, he turned his chair away from the desk to face her.

Isabella lightly sat on his knee and took his face in her hands, she needed him to look at her like he always had before and yet he angrily took her hands from his face and left them hanging at her side, she was left feeling dejected and hurt.

"Hunter, I am sorry. But there is nothing I can do to take it back so I need for you to forgive me" Isabella cries, taking deep breaths to control herself so she doesn't burst into tears

"I'm sorry but I can't" Hunter whispers, he gently pushes Isabella off of his knee and turns back to face his desk

"Fine... if you don't want me then maybe I'll...." Isabella couldn't think of what to say next, she wanted to hurt Hunter like she was hurting right now without even realising that by going to Jackson and not trusting Hunter, he was already hurting.

"You'll what? Go running back to Jackson again?" Hunter spits with narrowed eyes but still not looking up at Isabella who stood beside him not really knowing what to say or do 

"You know what Hunter if you weren't so volatile then maybe I would've been able to tell you! I was terrified of what you would do to your parents if you found out before I could find out where this person was, before I could find out the truth because you don't think about your actions, you don't think about the consequences of the things you do" Isabella says her voice becoming increasingly louder, she had never spoken to him like this before and even though on the inside she was begging herself to stop she couldn't

"Oh, I'm the bad guy here. If my rash decisions were that bad then Finn would've killed you because of my RASH DECISIONS I got to you on time and now you're telling me that those rash decisions are bad?" Hunter scoffs, Isabella could see his hands clenching under the table, she was in no fear that he would hurt her, she trusted him more than anything 

"Hunter what would you have done if I told you about your parents?" Isabella asks suddenly much calmer

"I don't know" he replies simply

"Yes you do, you would've punished them before we could get the information we needed - I found out about my parents Hunter... you knew, more than anyone how important that was to me and yet you don't even care and frankly your parents involvement disgusts me" Isabella yells slamming her hand down onto the desk

"Don't you dare be angry at me" Hunter laughs although there was nothing funny about this conversation "I am not my parents"

"No Hunter, you're not your parents but you don't even seem to want to know what happened and how that puts me in danger - Hunter I could die," Isabella says, a tear finally leaves her eye as Hunter's head snaps up to her 

"What?" he asks his voice small and scared like a child

"Oh now I have your attention," Isabella says before turning on her heel and walking out of the room. Behind her, she cant hear Hunter yelling for her to come back but she somehow manages to ignore him and walk away to let him think over what she had said.