20

A/N - I am sorry to have taken so long to update this - especially since I left you on a cliffhanger which must have been so irritated! If I was to ever end the book before it should be finished I would let you know so if you're ever waiting a prolonged period of time for a new chapter, it will be coming at some point it just takes time! Thank you for your support, I hope you enjoy.

Isabella lay on the hospital bed with a band around her stomach which was picking up the babies heartbeats, she felt much calmer than she thought she was but the same couldn't be said for Hunter who was pacing back and forth with sweat dripping off of his forehead nervously.If Isabella wasn't so concerned about him she would laugh at how ridiculous he was being.

"Hunter, calm down" Isabella says in a pleading tone, despite feeling calm now she could feel herself becoming more anxious by the minute while watching her usually in control mate.

Hunter seemed to snap out of his nerves as he rushed to her bedside with a smile on his face, he perched on the edge of the bed just watching Isabella for a couple of moment in silence. Now the babies were on their way, Hunter couldn't help to be nervous if the past few months had been anything to go by - Hunter clearly hadn't had the best role model as a father so he was worried he wouldn't be exactly what his children needed and deserved.

"I'm okay... I'm okay" Hunter says in an almost whisper taking Isabella's hand in his to comfort them both, Isabella didn't believe it for a second

"This is the start of a new adventure for us, it's not going to be easy but that's a part of the fun" Isabella says returning a shaky smile, squeezing his sweating hand.

Hunter jumped up from the bed as the doctor walked through the door, when Isabella found out she was pregnant she had been introduced to all the doctors that she would be working with, it just so happened that this day, Doctor Guirrerez was a small woman with the biggest smile possible, she had dark hair with slivers of grey in it pushed back into a messy bun no doubt showing signs of long hours in her job but seeing the smile instantly put Isabella at ease, Isabella knew this was the woman she was going to need to get through this.

"Hello Queen..." she starts but Isabella interrputs her

"Sorry to be rude Doctor but I really need you to call me Isabella, I'm not a Queen now, I am your patient" Isabella signs, she can feel Hunter staring at her with a small smile on his face "What?" Isabella giggles while blushing furiously 

"You never cease to amaze me Bella" Hunter grins kissing her forehead

"Well Isabella," Dr. Guirrerez says teasingly putting emphasis on her name "I am just going to check how far along you are, could you scooch down the bed for me?"

Isabella nods and does as the doctor asks and she places a sheet over Isabella's legs. As the Doctor does her examination, Isabella awkwardly looks anywhere around the room. Isabella does hear the door open but quickly hears Hunter yell

"JACKSON!"

Isabella hears a large slap noise before...

"AHHHH! I didn't see anything, I didn't see anything, I PROMISE!" Jackson screams in an extremely high voice, Isabella looks over at the door to see Jackson with his hands slapped over his eyes which was what caused the loud noise - that must have hurt. Unable to help it, Isabella bursts out laughing and even though Hunter looked angry, the firm lines around his narrowed eyes relax as he laughs too.

The doctor pats Isabella's legs to tell that she is done so Isabella can put her hospital gown down again to cover her legs.

"Mr Levine" Doctor Guirrerez says, Jackson turns in her direction with his hands still over his eyes "You are free to take your hand from your face now" she pats his shoulder as she passes him

"Jackson what do you need?" Isabella asks, giggling again when he only peeks through his spread fingers as if not quite trusting that it is safe for him to uncover his eyes. Just as Jackson is about to spread, a contraction pulses through Isabella's body making her groan, squeezing her eyes tightly shut. Hunter offers his hand to Isabella who takes it and squeezes it hard until the pain passes.

"Hunter... your mother is refusing to leave," Jackson says nervously

"Well she isn't staying here so find a way to get her to leave" Hunter says as if it is the simplest thing in the world

"Well... I..." Jackson tries to find the words to say they've already tried but comes up with nothing

"Let her stay Hunter, she's not to come near this room okay Jackson - if she wants to stay then let her but someone is to stay with her at all times and make sure there is no funny business" Isabella says trying to find a happy medium

"Okay, thanks Isabella - so sorry about earlier" Jackson says quickly before rushing out the room before Hunter could say something else

Doctor Guirrerez sits down in front of Hunter and Isabella with a stern look on her face.

"Now we spoke before today but to remind you, things are running smoothly at the minute and we have all agreed that the plan is for a normal vaginal birth especially since baby A's head is down in the right position but with twins around 60% of deliveries are via c-section so I need to prepare yourself for that Isabella because we are going to do what is best do what is best for the babies" 

"We understand Doctor" Isabella signs, if she could avoid surgery she would by all costs but she agreed that the most important thing was that the babies were born healthy 

"Their heartbeats are nice and strong so that is a good sign and things are clearly progressing nicely for now and we can hope that it will stay that way, one of the main issues is that the babies might get a little stressed when they get tired so if their heart rate drops then c-section will likely be the only option. Just remember you're doing fabulous Isabella, not long now and you will have your babies in your arms"

"Thank you Doctor" Hunter says his tone wavering slightly, he didn't want any harm to come to the most important people in his life. Hunter didn't know what he would do if he didn't have Isabella in his life.