Chapter 3

Alan POV*

I was in the shop with Edgar. It was currently 9:45pm. He was quietly stacking the comics while I paced back and forth. "Dude relax, she ain't coming anyways." My dumb brother stated. I knew he was getting annoyed with my pacing but I couldn't help it. She didn't kick me out, and I know her facial expressions. She was trying to be strong but I know she was broken inside.
"I can't stop stressing over it." I said. He then came up to me with his box of comics. "You wanna stop stressing?" He asked again. I quickly nodded and then he slammed the box into my hands.
"Go be helpful and stack some comics." I just went to work. A few minutes into the work I heard a loud crowd cheer. I knew that Tim Capello has arrived. The concert was starting.
I was almost done with the comics when a kid wearing a very colourful shirt and long ass jacket walked into the store. I put the box down and my brother and I exchanged a look.

We both headed over to the kid. "You gotta problem guys?" The new boy asked as he walked around, with us following.
Edgar responded, "just scoping your civilian wardrobe."
"Pretty cool huh."
"For a fashion victim." I replied to new boys statement.
We stopped at a stack of comics, but Edgar was getting a little impatient.
"Listen buddy, if you're looking for the diet frozen yogurt bar it went outta business last summer."
"Actually. Im looking for a Batman number 14."
"It's Very serious book man." Edgar started
"Only 5 in existence." I finished

"Four actually. I'm always looking out for the other three."
Edgar looked over at me. But I kept my eyes on the nerd in front of me.

"You can't put the superman #77 with the 200's, they haven't even discovered red kryptonite yet."
I glared at the weirdo, as he continued.

"And you uh, can't put #98 with 300's. Lori Lemaris hasn't even been introduced."

Thank god Edgar cut him off before the know it all continued. "Where the hell are you from? Krypton."

"Phoenix actually. But lucky me, we moved here." The kid started to stare at me and I was getting mad.

Edgar came between us with a comic book.
"Here, take this."
Right away the asshole turned it down.
"I don't like horror comics."
"You'll like this one, Mr.Phoenix. It could save your life."

A motor was heard outside, through the open doors I saw a bunch of guys stop what they were doing and watch.
Almost on cue the song cum on feel the noise started and a girl got off her mother cycle outside of our shop. As she walked closer I saw who it was.

"Hey boys, replaced my old job yet?" She asked.

The three of us were too busy drooling over her to answer.

Y/N POV *

I rolled my eyes and noticed a guy taking advantage of the frozen boys. He grabbed a comic and was about to run out when I tripped him causing him to fall flat on his back. His girlfriend being too scared to do anything.
I crouched beside him and grabbed the comic.

"Watch your step there handsome." I said and then stood up. I watched him and his fake blonde girlfriend walk out and I turned back to the boys.

I sighed. "Okay, I don't have time for this. Either wake up or I leave."

They shook out of it.
"Um hi I'm Sam, Sam Emerson." The boy wearing the ridiculous coloured clothes said while winking at me.

"Well Sam, my names Y/N and I'm sorta with someone right now."

"What?" I heard Alan say. I looked up and he looked crushed.

"Yeah, were not together but I'm his girl. In fact I think I always will be." I answered.

"I gotta go but I will see you later Y/N." Sam said with a bright smile that made me smile. The minute he left the store I turned back to the Frog brothers. With my normal face.

"Okay, I normally work alone so it's gonna take time for me to get used to working with Amatures." I said then headed to the back of the room.

"Hey what do you mean amateurs?" Edgar asked clearly offended.
"You know exactly what I mean." I said.

This conversation lasted a while.