Chapter 13

Y/n pov*

The door was unlocked and we heard Lucy come through the door looking for Sam.
"Sam?" She yelled.
"Shit." I whispered quietly while rolling my eyes.
"I'll handle Mom, come on, go." Sam said and he walked off with Edgar and Alan following closely behind.
I could here the boys try to keep Lucy calm.
"Mom,what are you doing here."
"I'm very sorry about your house."
"We have this under control."
"Don't worry."
"It's a long story."
"I'm the head Frog here."

I smiled hearing them all talk at once. I can only imagine what's going on through her head.

"What happened." She asked, clearly not listening. "Where's Micheal?" She asked but quickly changed the subject. I heard footsteps and quickly hid beside Micheal. With star blocking both are paths.
I saw that guy Max walk over to the now shishcabobed David. I thought he would be shocked but no. Then I thought he would examine him. Nope.
Instead he walked closer and gently touched David's face moving it side to side. With the face of a Farther who just lost his son. That's when it clicked. We were right all along.

"What happened to your face? What happened to your face?" She asked.  "Look I don't want to hear another word from you until I talk to Micheal." Lucy came in and stopped at the sight of David. With Sam not far behind her.
"I'm sorry Lucy. This is all my fault, David and my boys misbehaved." Max said. "Now I told you, boys need a mother." Lucy was incredibly confused.
"Max, what are you talking about?" She replied.
"I knew it, you're the head Vampire." Sam started but Lucy sighed annoyed and turned to him.  "Sam, don't start again." She said.
Star had enough and walked out to face Max.
"You're the secret David was protecting." She said as she walked to the side. Max nodded with a smile.
"Who's this" Lucy said with me rolling my eyes, at how nieve she can be.
"But you passed the test." I heard Alan say confused.
"Don't ever invite a vampire into your house you silly boy. It renders you powerless." Max replied and looked back down at the dead David.
"Did you know that." Sam asked
"Of course. Everyone knows that." Edgar said. And once again proving my point that the brothers are AMATEURS.
"Has everyone gone crazy here? What's the matter with all of you!?" Lucy said quite loudly.

"It was you I was after all along Lucy." Max said.

"What?" She responded. I sighed quietly.

'Note to self, check if Lucy has a degree or at least a high school diploma.' I thought to myself.

"I knew.....that if I could get Sam and Micheal into the family. There would be no way you could say no."

I looked over behind the door that Micheal and I were hiding behind to see Sam, Lucy, and the brothers back away slowly.

"Where's Micheal?" Lucy asked. But Max ignored her and continued.

"It was all going to be so perfect,Lucy. Just like one big happy family. Your boys and my boys."
He finished and then a stake holding Edgar said the best line I've ever heard him say.
"Great, The Blood Sucking Brady Bunch." 

'I taught him well.' I thought again.

But my thoughts were quickly cut off when we all gasped at the sight of a Vampire Max.

"But I still want you Lucy. I haven't changed my mind about that" he said sticking out his tongue, making me wanna gag.
I felt something nudge my body and then I saw Micheal walk out in the open.
"I didn't invite you this time Max." He said and jumped towards Max. However he was ready for it. Max grabbed Micheal and flung him over his shoulder. Star got mad and grabbed a metal stick. However she didn't do well because she was then pushed to the ground.
The brothers ran for Max but then were pushed over the coffee tables.
"Don't you touch my mother!" Sam yelled and ran at Max only to be trapped under his arm.
"Don't fight,Lucy. It's so much better if you don't fight." Max said, putting out his hand for Lucy to grab.
"Mom,don't!"
"Sam."
"Don't do it Mom! Mom, don't do it!"
"Sam!" She yelled after grabbing Max's hand.
His fangs flashed in the fire light from the candles and were about to bite Lucy's neck when a familiar horn broke everyone out of their original concentration. I could see the trucks lights coming toward where I was standing and I pushed Sam and Lucy out of the way Micheal came running behind me and nudged Max into place. Then we all dove for the ground.

The truck broke through the doors and a large wooden stick with a sharp point came bursting through. Looking like the one that Sam's grandpa was placing into the ground when we left for the cave.  The stick pierced through Max and sent him flying into the fireplace making him explode.
Alan quickly grabbed me and covered me. Making sure the fire wouldn't get to me.
I looked up to see him and Edgar placing goggles on their faces and watching.

After the fire we all slowly got up. Coughing from the ash that now covers all of us and the room in the house.
"Are you okay?" Alan asked. I just smiled and nodded.
Then a thought came to me the same time it hit Star.
"It's over." She said smiling widely and hugging Micheal." I did the same to Alan.

"Oh, my boys." Lucy said and Ran to hug Sam and Micheal.

"You're free,Y/n." I smiled and nodded.

"So, now that I'm no longer a bloodsucker. You wanna go on a proper date." I asked him with a smirk. He rolled his eyes and the next thing I knew my lips were pushed roughly against his.  But then he quickly pulled away. "Wait, who was this guy you sorta have a thing with." He said. I knew right away what he meant. "This guy I was referring to is you Alan." He smiled even more and rested his forehead on mine. "You're my girl." 
"I'll always be your girl." And with that our lips were together once again. He pulled me as close as he could considering we were still on the ground sitting on our knees.
I overheard Sam tell his mom
"Oh, yeah. This may be a good time to tell you that Y/N and I are not dating."
I smiled a bit against Alan's lips and he did the same. We pulled away and sat back down to only have Edgar lean closer to us and whisper.
"How much you think we should charge them for this?"
I slapped him upside the head as a response."

I saw Laddie run down the stairs. "Y/n, Star!" He yelled and the two of us ran up to the now mortal little boy. I picked him up and hugged him tight. Star later joining in the hug.

We looked up to see Sam's grandpa casually walking over to the fridge and pulling out a root beer like nothing happened. We all stood in curiosity.

"Dad, are you alright?" Lucy asked for basically all of us. Then he responded.

"One thing about living in Santa Carla, I never could stomach........All the damn vampires."