~1~

Picture above is not mine.

Toby's POV

past

So far so good.

For the past few hours, I've been avoiding any kind of attention in the halls. Trying not to be seen by my bullies, I succeeded, but to my dismay, good things have to come to an end.

"Look, there's the ticking freak!" A girl exclaimed with a grin, her finger pointing to me. I sighed, dropping my head to look at the floor.

"There you are! We've been looking for you for hours," another one spoke. "It's been boring without you."

"Hey, Toby! How's your day?" One of them mocked me, attempting to copy my jerking movements.

Laughter filled my ears as I tic. I looked up to see that two of them has started strolling their way towards me, but at the corner of my eyes, I caught a glimpse of a girl. Her (E/C) eyes were filled with disgust as she looked at the people walking towards me.

"Hey! Who are you to bully and step on people?!" She yelled.

They stopped walking, and turned to look at her.

Why was she standing up for me? She does know that she'll also get bullied, right?

"What are you going to do about it, girly?"

I'm going to get in trouble for this, (Y/N) thought as she walked towards the bullies.

"How would you feel if you were to be bullied?"

"I wouldn't know, because no one has the confidence or strength to bully me." He shrugged. "Now, stop using words and use your strength! Or are you scared?"

She reached to her pocket and pulled out a pen.

"A pen? I'm sorry, am I supposed to be scared of a pen?"

She remained silent and stabbed him in the eye. He screamed in pain, his friend rushing to his side. He looked up to the girl with anger in his eyes, "You're a monster..." He spat out.

"I guess that's one thing we have in common."

"Whoever tells anyone else about this, gets the same fate as him...got it?" She threatened, although her hand was shaking in...shock or nervousness, maybe? Everyone in the room nodded, as they stared at the girl with fear.

Then she turned her head in my direction. Wait...what if she gets caught with her actions?

My thoughts were stopped by a voice I'll never forget.

"Are you alright?"

present

I glanced at (Y/N) as she clicked her tongue. As per usual, we were walking together to school.

"Seriously? You still think you owe me for doing that? It's been months. Being my friend and keeping me company is enough."

"But no one has ever stood up for me. And you're my only friend," I muttered, embarrassed to be pestering her again with this topic.

She frowned.

"He deserved it, and I didn't get punished anyway. I'm glad the CCTV's were broken that day. Pure luck." She chuckled. "Why aren't you scared of me anyways? I just made a person lose an eye."

"You helped me."

...

"Hey, (Y/N)?"

She hummed.

"I'm thinking of homeschooling..."

(Y/N)'S POV

"I'm thinking of homeschooling..."

"Wait what? Why?!" I furrowed my eyebrows, throwing a questioning look towards him.

"they still tease me when you're not around." I sighed, hearing his statement.

"I swear when I see them-"

"No need (Y/N). I'm sorry but I'm sure of my decision." I sighed again.

"Can I visit you once in a while?"

"Sure."

"When are you going to start homeschooling?"

"Next week."

"Mkay." I whispered with a gloomy face.

Silence engulfed the two for the rest of their walk, and soon, it was time to go home. Toby was acting peculiar, though. He's usually upbeat and hyper. He still is, although sometimes I see a glint of sadness hidden beneath his eyes. Too knowing that I'm not even near decent at comforting and advicing people, I started a casual conversation.

"Hey, are you okay?" I nudged him, tilting my head.

"Oh? Yes, why do you ask?"

"No reason. How about the bullies?"

"Haven't seen them all day."

"Well that's a miracle." Relief washed over me. At least something good happened today.

Before we knew it, we arrived at his house. Faint shouting could be heard from behind the door. Hearing it, Toby frowned.

"See you, (Y/N)."

"Bye..."

Well, that's...unusual. I jogged my way home, only to be greeted by my parents.

"How was your day, (Y/N)?" My Dad asked from the couch as he watched the news.

"It was okay, I guess."

"I got you your favorite snack and drink! I hope that makes your day better." My Mom handed me a plate and a cup and winked, "I know when my daughter needs a day brightener."

"Oh, thanks." I took what was offered to me and went up my room, doing the usual routine. Do homework, eat, wash up, and sleep. (Okay, maybe I don't sleep right away and use my phone instead)

I wonder how Toby is doing...

toby's pov

I closed the door to my home, already hearing my parents arguing. He's getting worse day by day. I just hope it wouldn't lead to abusing us.

Crash!

"You useless woman!" I heard him say.

My eyes widened as I quickly rushed to the living room, only to see him shouting at Mom and my sister Lyra. There was a broken bottle on the floor. He's drunk again...

-

1k words
07/14/18