~2~

Picture above not mine.

(y/n)'s pov

My shoes tapped against the floor as I walk towards the school with a tired body. The reason may or may not be being on my phone last night, and then ended up getting caught and grounded. I am now not able to use my phone for a few weeks. It was past midnight that time, why the glorious potatoes were they up?

The next few minutes of my walk was filled with my mumbling and complaints, later on stopped by a male's voice that I knew too much. I glanced behind me to see the sight of Toby jogging towards me.

"(Y/N)!"

"Morning, Toby."

"Good morning!" Toby greeted me. "Close your eyes and stay still."

"What, why?" I threw him a questioning look.

"Just do it."

And so I followed his directions. I shivered as a cold, metal-like object came into contact with my neck.

"Open your eyes."

I opened my eyes and glanced down my neck. There sat a necklace with my name on it.

"Toby, what's this for?! Isn't this expensive?" I asked, inspecting it.

"It's fine. Just a thank you gift for being there for me. I promise I'll never leave your side!" He promised with a grin on his face.

We started walking to school together and chatting about random stuff, even arguing about which was better, waffles or cupcakes. How? No one would ever know.

The rest of the day was pretty good, no one bullied or teased Toby. Not even a single glare. I'm still not going to get my hopes up that they would stop, I might be wrong. When we were walking home, I was high alert. Who knows if they spent the whole day planning on something?

I was lost in my thoughts until Toby spoke up.

"(Y/N)? You still there?"

"Yes, why do you ask?"

"I called you a few times and you just 
stared at the distance. What are you thinking about?"

Wait, what? He's been calling me? Ears, you're useless!

"Oh, Sorry! I was just thinking a-about...homework?" I stuttered. Well, that sounded like a question. It was half true, though. We have loads of homework.

"That sounded more like a question."

"Because I forgot what I was thinking about!" I exclaimed quickly.

"Okay, okay. Chill!"

"Sorry," I gave an awkward laugh. "Anyways, this is your stop. See you tomorrow!"

Toby just nodded with a cheerful smile that seems to be stuck on his face. I started to walk towards my house unknowingly.

Drip!

...Is that a sign that the world is against me right now? It's starting to drizzle and I got no umbrella. I reached for my bag to get my hoodie...