~8~

EDITED

-

Previously in Forgotten Promises: 7

"Got any experience in fighting?"

"No..."

"'Kay. Try to fight with me anyways."

-

I barely dodged the knives being thrown at me by my so called trainer. Holy cheese, give me a break! You haven't even trained me or given me any tips. I wanted to complain, but decided against it, since he'd probably get mad at me. And from what I've heard, I did not want that.

"Stop dodging and give me a fight, or let me hit you," he spoke up. A chuckle from nearby could be heard.

"Jeff, give her a break. You've been throwing knives at her without telling her what to do," A male's voice behind me said. I looked behind me to see Ticci Toby.

"Is that so? Why don't you train her then. I was forced too, anyways," Jeff scoffed, turning his heels, and walking off.

Toby hummed and turned his attention to me. "Is that alright with you?" He questioned, walking in front of me. I nodded in response.

"Okay then! First we'll be training you with dummies, we'll work on your speed, agility and strength. Stamina, too. Then your fighting skills. Once you're ready, you'll train with me," he explained with a cheery voice. "Got that?" He added.

"Yep," I answered with the same enthusiasm, popping the p.

"Then let's get started!"

-

Three hours of training passed and I was gasping for air.

"I think that's enough for today. We'll train once a day for a week, then twice, after," He informed me. I nodded, still out of breath.

"You look...exhausted," he laughed. "Do you want to take a rest inside or go for a walk?"

"For...a walk," I regained my breath.

"Let's go!" He grabbed my wrist and went to the opposite direction of the mansion.

We walked in silence, the only sound to be heard is the rustling of the grass and dirt whenever we take a step.

"You're interesting, (Y/N)..."

I gave him a confused look. "How so?"

"You were quiet for most of the time. You had this determined look on your face. Most of the creepypastas didn't want to accept their identity as a killer at first. But you? I don't know. You're different," he shrugged. "And you seem like the positive type of person," he added.

"What about me being a positive person?"

"How did you come to this point at life, training to kill?" He glanced at me. "You don't have to tell me, though. It's fine if it's too personal. Sorry for being nosy."

"No need to apologize," I smiled. I told him the story of my life, even about Toby, except I didn't tell him his name. I gave him every single detail, and before I knew it, I warmed up to him.

-

"You two've been out for a while. Gone out for a date?" Ben gave us a teasing look, sitting on the couch.

"Yeah," Toby replied.

Wait what-

Toby laughed, seeing my panicked and flushed face. Maybe or maybe not seeing the glare from Clockwork, too. "I'm just kidding."

"Ah, okay," I calmed down, taking a seat next to Ben.

"So she's free? Mind if I steal her away?" He gave us an innocent look.

"No, but I'm sure (Y/N) minds," Toby pulled down his hood and took of his goggles.

Ben pouted at the male's answer. "Well, I'm sure she's fine with it..." Ben rambled on as I spaced out, staring at the floor.

"-N)? (Y/N)!" Someone snapped their fingers in front of me. I looked at the owner, Ben. "Are you okay?" He asked me with a worried look on his face. I nodded. He kept the worried look, not believing me but deciding not to push me more.

I spaced out again, thinking of what Toby told me a while ago.

"Oh...I'm sorry for your friend. I kind of relate to him somehow. I don't remember anything from my past, but I know Slender saved me from a fire I made. I set my own home on fire, I don't know why. All I know is that I had hatred for someone there. I also remember my full name...

Tobias Erin Rogers."

-

700 words
12.21.18

AND THANK YOU FOR 500 VIEWS. I appreciate it!!! o(`ω' )o