Beneath Stonehenge

Right so we all know the famous Stonehenge. The place where mystery revolves around how such huge structures have been formed and are standing to this day. Stonehenge hasn't collapsed for many, many, many years even after experiencing severe and harsh weather conditions that have been likely to destroy other structures.

That's our interest but at the same time researches have uncovered some new, exclusive evidence that shows us, Stonehenge might be more than just what we see.
It may hold secrets and treasures, read on.

What is the sprawling structure hidden under the world's most famous standing stones?

Researchers uncovered 17 previously unknown ancient monuments under Stonehenge.

Unprecedented underground mapping technology revealed that Stonehenge did not always stand alone. Beneath the 5,000-year-old stone structure is an archeological treasure trove made up of thousands of monuments that include shrines, burial mounds, deep pits and other unexplained features. Stonehenge was previously thought to be a standalone, isolated structure, so this discovery has thrown researchers for a loop.

"Stonehenge may never be the same again," said Vince Gaffney, the project's lead researcher.

And this is just the beginning — the vast majority of information from the site has yet to be analyzed.

"What you’re hearing about is simply a mere little finger of the amount of data that we have now," Gaffney told. "We think we’ve got at least another year’s work on this."

My conclusion
No mystery comes without twists and turns, and Stonehenge has just got to have them.