Chapter 1

"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather beneath the Hightree for a clan meeting!" Drizzlestar's voice echoed throughout the camp and the cats of FireClan followed her order.
  Tigerkit frowned as his mother, Blackstorm, groomed his pelt.
  "Stop embarrassing me! I'm an apprentice, not a kit!" Tigerkit squeaked.
  "That doesn't mean you have to be dirty for your ceremony." Blackstorm replied, pulling away. She quickly groomed Tigerkit's siblings before turning to Drizzlestar.
  Once the clan gathered below her, the leader spoke again. "Tigerkit, Shadowkit, Starkit, and Flamekit, please step forward."
  Tigerkit mewed with excitement and raced after his littermates. He looked up at Drizzlestar, too excited to stand on his paws.
  "Today we have four kits who are ready to become apprentices," Drizzlestar beckoned Tigerkit to come forward with her tail and continued. "From this day forward, this apprentice will be known as Tigerpaw. Flamepelt, I trust you will pass on your loyalty and skill to Tigerpaw as his mentor."
Flamepelt dipped her head. "I will do my best to train him." She padded over to Tigerpaw to touch noses with him.
  "Tigerpaw! Tigerpaw!" The clan cheered.
  "You're going to teach me to fight, right?" Tigerpaw whispered as he sat down next to his new mentor.
  "Being a warrior isn't just about fighting, but yes, I will teach you to fight." She replied and flicked her tail, meaning that he should stop talking.
  Fighting is all about being a warrior! He thought, not paying attention to what Drizzlestar was saying. How else would we be able to defend ourselves?
  "It is."
  Shadowkit's mew broke his thoughts.
  What is Shadowkit talking about?
  Tigerstar noticed that it wasn't Drizzlestar choosing Shadowpaw's mentor, it was Snowleaf.
  She's becoming a medicine cat apprentice! Tigerpaw realized with a jolt.
  "Warriors of StarClan," Snowleaf looked up at the sky. "I present to you this apprentice, who has chosen the path of a medicine cat. From this moment on, her name will be Shadowpaw. Grant her your wisdom and insight so that she may understand your ways and heal her clan in accordance with your will."
  Shadowpaw dipped her head and touched noses with her new mentor.
  Tigerpaw watched as Drizzlestar apprenticed Flamepaw to Pricklethorn and Starpaw to Ambermoon.
  Tigerpaw met Drizzlestar's gaze as the leader narrowed her eyes at him. She turned away and raced over to the medicine cat. He shrugged and joined the other apprentices and their mentors.
  "Today we will be showing all of you around the territory." Pricklethorn looked at all the apprentices and headed into the forest.
  Tigerpaw rolled his eyes. "This is going to be so boring!"
  Flamepelt glared at him and led him toward the forest with the others.

   When they got back, it was already dark. Tigerpaw looked at his mentor, hoping they would battle train next.
  "Get something to eat and get some rest." Flamepelt said before walking to the fresh kill pile. Tigerpaw sighed with disappointment then followed her.
  He stopped and picked up a small mouse, turning to the apprentices den. He lyed down in front of the entrance and took a bite of the prey.
  He quickly finished his meal and raced to his new nest. He curled into a ball and rested his head on his paws, slowly drifting to sleep.
  He woke up in FireClan's camp and looked around.
  I'm awake already? I hardly got any sleep!
  Tigerpaw heard a yowl from the Hightree and turned his attention toward it.
  He could see two cats on the tall tree but they were unrecognizable. Tigerpaw jumped as a cat mewed behind him.
  He turned around and saw a pale gray tom.
  The tom dipped his head. "Greetings, I am Stonestar, ThunderClan's leader seasons ago."
  Tigerpaw dipped his head in return. "Why am I here?"
  "I am here to warn you. When the clans are forced to come together, they will become even more broken apart than they were before." Stonestar replied, starting to fade.
  "Wait! What's that supposed to mean!" Tigerpaw wailed. But the world around him already faded.
  Tigerpaw woke up and looked around, he was back at the apprentice den.
  He looked at Flamepaw, who was standing over him. "Good, you're awake. You were yowling like a kit! But that's not the point, our mentors are taking us on the dawn patrol!"