Chapter 10

The clan cat's started to crowd around Leapfrost's patrol as he returned to camp, asking questions and demanding who they brought to camp.
  Tigerstar and Drizzlestar shoved through the crowd, and instantly Drizzlestar's eyes widened with shock as she saw the newcomer.
  The cream colored she-cat smiled a little as she met the leader's gaze. "Oh, you're still here?"
  Drizzlestar straightened, showing she had authority over the cat. "I'm actually a leader, so yes, I'm still here."
  "Who is this?" Tigerstar asked, narrowing his eyes at the she-cat.
  "Her name is Rosepaw. She was an apprentice when I was a warrior. She was taken by twolegs a long time ago." Drizzlestar said, not taking her eyes off of Rosepaw.
  "Don't you think I deserve a warrior name?" Rosepaw meowed innocently, pouting. "I mean, Featherpaw got his, right?"
  "Rosepaw! Is that really you!?"
  Tigerstar turned to see Featherheart, his eyes wide like everyone else's. Though it was hard to tell, his eyes were clouded with grief.
  "Featherpaw!" Rosepaw purred, touching noses with the warrior.
  "It's Featherheart now." The silver tabby tom replied, puffing out his chest.
  "Rosepaw, it's so great to see you again." Flamepelt mewed, stepping beside her mate, Featherheart. "We've missed having you around!"
  "Let me guess, you're not Flamepaw anymore." Rosepaw said.
  "It's Flamepelt now. So, how did you escape from the twolegs?" Flamepelt asked.
  "Well... they just let me go." Rosepaw answered. "They kept me at their home until just a few days ago."
  "I'm so glad you're back!" Redclaw purred, licking her kits head. She had been standing by Rosepaw's side the whole time.
  "So, when can I be a warrior?" Rosepaw asked Drizzlestar.
  Drizzlestar sighed. "I suppose I'll give you your warriors name now, since everyone is gathered."
  Rosepaw smiled with excitement as Drizzlestar continued speaking. "Rosepaw, from this moment on you will be known as Rosefur. Serve your clan well, until the day you join StarClan." Drizzlestar said slowly.
  Rosefur puffed out her chest as the clan cheered her name. Tigerstar just looked around, still slightly confused. But he shook his head and shouted her name anyways.
  "Rosefur! Rosefur!"

  The clans had been living together for one and a half moons, and Blackstar and Drizzlestar already moved to the nursery.
  Drizzlestar had already had her kits about one sunrise ago and Blackstar had her kits the day before. Tigerstar had been visiting them every so often.
  The gray tom was Wolfkit, the gray tabby she-cat Falconkit, and poor Bouncekit had one missing leg. But he was just as strong as the others, and Drizzlestar was still determined that he would be a great warrior.
  Blackstar had named her kits Twokit, Redkit, and Frostkit.
  Drizzlestar had her tail curled around her kits as she slept, Leapfrost beside her. Tigerstar said goodbye to his mother as he left the den.
  Tigerstar looked around the camp. Darkwillow and Wolfbone were no where to be seen. Orangepelt and Brokenheart were talking and sharing a piece of prey.
  Tigerstar suddenly heard the bushes shake from inside camp. His fur bristled as a dark tabby tom appeared from the bush, his pelt was covered in scars.
  "Who are you?" Tigerstar demanded. The clan cat's around him started staring at the newcomer.
  The tom grinned. "I'm Tigerclaw. Blackstar's father sent me from the Dark Forest here to protect her and her kits."
  Tigerstar hissed, unsheathing his claws. "I don't know what you're talking about, but Blackstar doesn't need a killer to protect her!"
  "Let me talk to her. But I can't leave. Not until Brokenstar says so." Tigerclaw said fiercely.
  Tigerstar's eyes widened. "B-Blackstar's father is Brokenstar?"
  Tigerclaw pushed past Tigerstar. "Yeah, yeah. Big deal. I'm guessing Blackstar is in the nursery."
  Tigerstar growled. "You can't go-"
  Tigerclaw just ignored him, walking right into the nursery.
  Tigerstar ran after him. Drizzlestar, Leapfrost, and Blackstar were already staring at Tigerclaw.
  "What. Are. You. Doing. Here." Blackstar hissed, curling her tail around her kits. Leapfrost stood protectively in front of Drizzlestar and his kits.
  Tigerclaw looked at everyone in the den before answering, telling Blackstar exactly what he had said to Tigerstar.
  "So you're telling me that Brokenstar sent you here to protect Blackstar and her kits?" Leapfrost said. "Out of all the cats he could of chosen, he chose you. A murderer?"
  Tigerclaw snorted. "Well, you guys aren't  doing a very good job protecting Blackstar. And I'm the best warrior he's got."
  Blackstar's fur bristled. "I do not need to be protected!"
  Tigerclaw ignored her and carried on. "She was almost killed by Bloodfire and she already lost a life. I need to protect her. Trust me, I don't want to be here as much as you want me to leave, but it's Brokenstar's orders."
  Blackstar hissed in protest but Drizzlestar spoke up.
  "Maybe Tigerclaw should stay. I don't want anything else to happen to you, Blackstar." Drizzlestar said thoughtfully.
  Blackstar opened her mouth in shock. "I can't believe you're siding with this fox-heart. Tigerstar, back me up!"
  Tigerstar just sat down. "Nope. I'm not getting dragged into this."
  Leapfrost narrowed his eyes and Drizzlestar rested her tail on his shoulder. He sighed then spoke. "If this is what Drizzlestar really wants, then I side with her."
   Tigerclaw smiled. "I will be standing guard outside of the nursery at all times."
  Blackstar groaned. "I'm not a helpless kit anymore!"
  "Tell that to Brokenstar." Tigerclaw hissed.
  "Well maybe I will. I'll tell him to bring you back to the Dark Forest where you belong." Blackstar growled.
  Tigerclaw laughed. "Yeah. Good luck with that."

  Wolfkit was the first to open his eyes. They were bright blue, and he was already starting to walk around the nursery.
  Falconkit opened her's next, her brown eyes full of curiosity.
  Bouncekit opened his eyes one day later. They were blue just like his brother's.
  "Leapfrost!" Wolfkit exclaimed as his father walked into the den. The three kits raced over to him.
  "I think it's time for you to go outside." Leapfrost purred, looking at Drizzlestar.
  When Drizzlestar nodded, he turned around and led his kits out of the den.
  "I can't believe we can finally go outside and explore the camp!" Wolfkit squeaked.
  "Maybe the elders can tell us stories!" Falconkit mewed. They all stopped and waited for Bouncekit to catch up.
  He stumbled a little, not yet used to walking on three legs. Leapfrost helped him up but Bouncekit lightly nudged him away.
  "This is something I want to do on my own." Bouncekit mewed softly.
  "Come on Bouncekit! You can do it!" Wolfkit cheered.
  "Yeah! Just balance yourself on your three other legs!" Falconkit urged.
  Leapfrost smiled as Bouncekit walked over to his littermates with confidence, not stumbling even once.
  "You did it!" Falconkit and Wolfkit shouted, jumping around their brother.
  Leapfrost purred. "Who wants to learn how to do a hunting crouch?"
  "Me!" The three kits said at the same time.
  "Okay. So crouch down like this," Leapfrost dropped into a hunting crouch, his tail wrapped around his side. "You have to make sure your paw steps are quiet and your tail doesn't brush the ground."
  Wolfkit immediately got it. Falconkit got it on her third try and it took Bouncekit a while to get it, but soon he had the right position.
  Leapfrost looked at a leaf nearby and nodded towards it. "Now it's time to stalk. Follow my lead and find a leaf to catch."
  Leapfrost slowly and skillfully stalked towards the leaf, pouncing onto it once he was close enough.
  It took Wolfkit only two try's before he got the leaf. But Falconkit and Bouncekit didn't get it until their seventh try.
  "I'm going to be the best hunter in the whole clan!" Wolfkit shouted.
  Leapfrost purred. "I'm sure you will be."
  "We will be the best warriors in the clan." Falconkit said, puffing out her chest. She squeaked in surprise as Bouncekit pounced on her, and the two rolled around. Wolfkit jumped into the fight and Leapfrost sat down to watch.
  Leapfrost suddenly felt something cold and dark beside him, jumping as he realized it was Tigerclaw.
  "What are you doing?" Leapfrost growled.
  "Can't I just watch the kits? Afraid I'm going to kill them?" Tigerclaw mewed innocently.
  Leapfrost hissed and looked away.
  "I can tell they will be great warriors. Especially Wolfkit. Bouncekit will have some struggles but will still be strong in the end." Tigerclaw pointed out.
  Wolfkit had Falconkit pinned down, his head lifted up triumphantly. He didn't notice that Bouncekit was creeping up on him.
  Leapfrost smiled. "I know they will be great warriors."

  Darkwillow looked around the forest before sitting down across from Wolfbone, a smirk on his face.
  "So what did you want to tell me?" Wolfbone demanded, flicking his tail impatiently.
  "Now, now. Don't be so rude." Darkwillow said calmly. "You want to take over the clans, right?"
  Wolfbone paused before nodding.
  "I can help you." Darkwillow continued.
  "How?"
  Darkwillow's eyes glittered evilly. "I know a few cats who would be willing to help. But only if you agree to join them."
  Wolfbone narrowed his eyes. "Okay. Who...?"
  Darkwillow lifted his muzzle up. "The Dark Forest."