Chapter 15

The battle had only been two moons ago, but a lot has happened since then. Hazelstar had taken back the name Hazelfur, and Mossstar back to Mossfur. Tigerstar remained leader of ShadowClan, since Amberstar had been chased out. Hazelfur was his deputy. Blackstar was now leader of WindClan, Timberfall as her deputy. Blizzardstar and Squirrelstar stayed leaders of RiverClan and ThunderClan.
Clawkit, Leafkit, Maplekit, Fallkit, Mudkit, and Blackstar's kit's had become apprentice's. Drizzlestar moved to the nursery, expecting her third litter of kits. Drizzlestar wasn't the only one expecting kits. Hazelfur had also recently moved to the nursery, expecting Tigerstar's kits.
Tonight was the gathering. The full moon shone brightly in the night sky, casting its glow against the fur of the clan cats.
Drizzlestar stood beside the other leaders, clearing her throat. "May I begin?"
"Of course Drizzlestar." Blackstar replied peacefully, and the other leaders nodded in agreement.
"Prey is running well, and there are tons of new kits and apprentice's." Drizzlestar announced, stepping back.
Blackstar took her place. "All is well in WindClan. There is plenty of prey, and no illnesses or injuries have affected our warriors."
The rest of the gathering went on as normal. The leaders finished sharing their news, and the Pin Battle would come soon.
Shadowpelt, now one of WindClan's medicine cat's, stood beside Brokenheart. She had been having these weird visions, of a cat that who looked similar to Hazelfur and Tigerstar. She had no idea what it meant, but she knew it had something to do with Hazelfur's kits.
She decided not to bother telling anyone about the visions.
Shadowpelt looked at Brokenheart again, but she realized she was busy talking to Orangepelt.
Instead, she walked over to Dawnwind, smiling.
Shadowpelt dipped her head. "Hello."
Dawnwind dipped her head back. "Hi! How is life in WindClan?"
"Different." Shadowpelt admitted. "There's a lot more open space, and we sleep in small caves."
"Interesting." Dawnwing meowed. She pricked her ears as she heard yelling, and Shadowpelt did the same.
"You're not my father! You can't tell me what to do!"
Shadowpelt rolled her eyes and turned around. As expected, she saw Clawpaw shouting at Leapfrost.
"Just because you are mates with my mother doesn't mean you can boss me around!" Clawpaw hissed.
"But I am still your deputy." Leapfrost said calmly, though his tail twitched with annoyance. "And it is not right to treat your elders the way you are treating them."
"So what? They're old and useless." Clawpaw growled.
"And one day you will be an elder too." Leapfrost mewed. "They dedicated their lives to serve the clan, so they deserve some peace and respect."
"Peace, blah, blah, blah." Clawpaw mocked. "Who cares about peace?! Where does that get you?!"
"Clawpaw, that's enough!" Drizzlestar had stepped in, her eyes narrowed. "Leapfrost may not be your father, but you are to still treat him with respect. As well as the elders! If you want to be a great warrior, then start by earning respect from others!"
Clawpaw lowered his head. "Sorry."
"Now go join the other apprentices." Drizzlestar ordered.
Clawpaw grumbled but obeyed.
Drizzlestar shook her head and sighed. "That one acts too much like Tigerclaw."
Leapfrost pressed his muzzle to her shoulder. "Hey, it's okay. Not everyone is perfect."
"I know, I still love Clawpaw as much as the other kits." Drizzlestar mewed.
"So, who are you choosing to participate in the Pin Battle?" Leapfrost asked, trying to change the subject.
"Wolfpaw." Drizzlestar answered. "He's a quick learner, and one of the strongest and fastest apprentices."
Leapfrost nodded. "We should tell him soon. The Pin Battle is about to start."

Wolfpaw followed Drizzlestar back to camp, his head held high. He was able to defeat all the apprentice's in the Pin Battle. Clawpaw kept glancing at Wolfpaw with jealousy.
Wolfpaw looked at Clawpaw then fell in beside him. "Hey, what's wrong?"
Clawpaw snorted. "What do you care? You're just the perfect little apprentice anyways."
"I do care! I'm your brother." Wolfpaw mewed.
"Half brother." Clawpaw corrected rudely.
But Wolfpaw just ignored him. "And not everyone is perfect. There's certain things you can do that I can't, and there's things that I can do that you can't."
"Then why did Drizzlestar choose you to play in the Pin Battle instead of me?" Clawpaw hissed.
"I'm sure you'll get your turn at the next gathering!" Wolfpaw promised.
"Yeah right." Clawpaw scoffed.
Bouncepaw bounded over to them. He walked so gracefully, you wouldn't even be able to tell he was missing a leg.
"Hi! What are you talking about?" Bouncepaw asked cheerfully.
"Nothing three legs." Clawpaw growled.
"Call him three legs one more time, I dare you." Wolfpaw hissed.
"What are you going to do? Fight me?" Clawpaw grinned. "I know you wouldn't even do that." He looked at Bouncepaw and added, "Right, three legs?"
Wolfpaw growled and lunged at Clawpaw, pinning him down. "I told you not to call him that! It's not his fault he was born with a missing leg!"
Suddenly, Wolfpaw was pulled off of Clawpaw, and Leapfrost stood between the two apprentice's.
"What's this I hear about you calling Bouncepaw names?" Leapfrost said to Clawpaw.
"He was calling Bouncepaw three legs!" Wolfpaw hissed.
"You're the one who attacked me!" Clawpaw protested.
"That's enough you two!" Leapfrost ordered, and they fell silent. "You will both be punished. But I expected more from both of you. Especially you Clawpaw. Calling your own brother names? Really?"
"Half brother." Clawpaw spat, more aggressively than he meant it.
Leapfrost just simply shook his head. "It doesn't matter. Back to camp, both of you."
Bouncepaw had already left. Wolfpaw led the way back to camp, Clawpaw and Leapfrost following. He glanced at Clawpaw, growling. He had tried his best to be nice to the rude apprentice, but calling his brother 'three legs', was really crossing the line.

Tigerstar woke with a start, surprised to see he wasn't in his den. This must be a dream.
Tigerstar's eyes widened as a cat appeared in front of him, and he instantly realized it was Oaklight.
"Greetings, Tigerstar." Oaklight greeted.
"Hello, Oaklight." Tigerstar replied, dipping his head.
"I'm here to share something with you." Oaklight meowed. "Your kits will change the clans, both in good and bad ways."
"Why tell me this now?" Tigerstar asked.
"Because when you wake up, your kits will be born." Oaklight said with a smile, beginning to fade.
Tigerstar jumped awake as a nose nudged his side. The medicine cat, Stargaze, looked at him with a emotionless face.
"Hazelfur had her kits. Go meet them." She meowed.
Tigerstar rose to his paws and raced to the nursery, excitement swelling through his chest.
His eyes widened as he saw his mate curled around two little bundles of fur; one a brown tabby tom and the other a pale brown she-cat.
Hazelfur looked up at Tigerstar and purred. "Come meet your two new kits, Dovekit and Brokenkit."