Chapter 4

"Your wound should heal soon, just be careful not to open it again." Shadowpaw told Tigerpaw, turning back to the herbs.
  Tigerpaw sighed. Drizzlestar had gotten very angry at him for not winning the Pin Battle. He couldn't disappoint her again.
  "Thank you Shadowpaw." Tigerpaw mewed before leaving the den. He looked around camp. No sign of Drizzlestar.
  He shrugged. She could train him later, for now he would go hunting.
  As Tigerpaw entered the forest, he couldn't stop thinking about Hazelpaw. The way she fought, she was better than any warrior. Maybe, just maybe, she would be at the ThunderClan border. If he could see her just one more time...
  Tigerpaw stopped, finding himself at the edge of FireClan's border. Beyond that lay ThunderClan's territory. He held his head up, hoping to get a glimpse of the hazel furred she-cat.
  "Looking for me?"
  Tigerpaw jumped in surprise, watching as Hazelpaw walked out of the undergrowth. He shifted his paws uncomfortably. He hadn't actually thought she would be here.
  "What are you doing so close to the ThunderClan border?" Hazelpaw asked curiously.
  "I... um..." Tigerpaw shifted his paws. He decided it was best not to lie. "Was looking for you."
  "Why? You want to know how I beat you in the Pin Battle?"
  Tigerpaw couldn't help himself. He nodded.
  "Yes." Tigerpaw paused. "Please."
  Hazelpaw smiled. "Well, I didn't know you were that desperate."
  Tigerpaw's eyes widened. "Me? Desperate? No! I just... needed some help, that's all."
  "By the way, is your wound okay?" Hazelpaw asked with worry, stepping closer. But she was still on ThunderClan's side of the border and she kept her distance.
  "Yeah, it was just a little scratch, nothing to worry about." Tigerpaw answered with a shrug.
  Hazelpaw shook her head. "No! It wasn't just a little scratch! Drizzlestar shouldn't be treating you like that-"
  "What is going on here?"
  Tigerpaw froze. Slowly, he turned around. He gulped as he looked at the cat behind him. It was Drizzlestar, her fur bristling.
  "Tigerpaw, how dare you meet with this cat?" Drizzlestar hissed.
  "Drizzlestar I-" Tigerpaw started, but Hazelpaw cut him off.
  "I offered to help him with training." Hazelpaw said to the leader.
  Drizzlestar narrowed her eyes. "And what makes you think he needs help from you?"
  "I could teach him how I beat him in the Pin Battle, and much more." Hazelpaw replied.
  Drizzlestar thought for a moment. She smiled a little. "I'll give you an offer. You can help train Tigerpaw and spend as much time as you want with him, if you join FireClan."
  Tigerpaw looked at Hazelpaw, who was staring at Drizzlestar.
  "I... give me one day to think about it?" Hazelpaw begged.
  "Very well. Meet here tomorrow and give us your answer then." Drizzlestar said, turning away. "Let's go Tigerpaw."
  Tigerpaw said goodbye to Hazelpaw before following the gray she-cat. Hazelpaw had a hard decision to make. But deep down inside, he hoped she would say yes.

  Tigerpaw woke with a start, realizing that today Hazelpaw would give her answer. He turned to Drizzlestar and nudged her awake.
  "It's time to meet with Hazelpaw!" Tigerpaw said with a smile.
  Drizzlestar stood up, giving a brief nod. "Then lets go."

  Tigerpaw's heart lit up as he saw Hazelpaw at the border. He raced over to her, stopping inches from ThunderClan's side.
  Drizzlestar stood beside him, her head held high showing she had authority. "Well? Will you be joining FireClan or not?"
  Hazelpaw took a deep breath. As she answered, she looked at Tigerpaw. "Yes... yes I am."
  Tigerpaw almost leaped up in joy. He smiled. "That's great! We can take you back to camp!"
  But Drizzlestar shook her head. "We start training right away. Come."
  The leader turned away and walked back into the forest. Tigerpaw looked at Hazelpaw before they followed.

  Drizzlestar stopped at the training hollow and turned on the two apprentice's.
  "I want you two to attack me," She said fiercely. "Together."
  Tigerpaw and Hazelpaw began to circle her, their strides smooth. As quick as a rabbit, Hazelpaw jumped forward, swiping at Drizzlestar's paws. She jumped back as the leader collapsed to the ground. Hazelpaw glanced at Tigerpaw and he knew what he had to do. He lunged at the leader and pinned her down, Hazelpaw pinning Drizzlestar's back legs.
  "Very good." Drizzlestar praised, getting up as they got off her. "It seems you both fight better together."
  Suddenly, Drizzlestar seemed to daze off. She stepped back, sitting down on her haunches.
  "Drizzlestar?" Tigerpaw asked with worry. "Are you okay?"
  Drizzlestar shook her head then looked at Hazelpaw. "I just saw another cat on the Hightree. It was Hazelpaw..."