Chapter 6

Tigerpaw growled as someone nudged him awake. He slowly got to his paws, looking at the cat who woke him up in the middle of the night.
  Blackstorm met his gaze. "I'm sorry I had to wake you. I just want you to meet someone... before the gathering."
  Tigerpaw yawned. Hazelpaw and Tigerpaw had been preparing for moons for the night of the gathering, which was tomorrow.
  "I'm becoming a warrior tomorrow. I'm also going to be playing a very important role in the Pin Battle." Tigerpaw whispered. "I need a good nights rest."
  "You can rest later. This can't wait." Blackstorm hissed. Without waiting for a reply, she left the den. Tigerpaw sighed and followed his mother out of camp.

  As Tigerpaw walked beside Blackstorm, he couldn't help but wonder who they would be meeting. Why do they have to travel so deep into the forest to meet them?
  Blackstorm stopped at the border with WindClan, finally sitting down. Tigerpaw sat down beside her, shooting her a questioning look.
  "Don't worry," Blackstorm said. "He should be here soon."
  He? Tigerpaw's thoughts trailed off as a cat walked out from the undergrowth in WindClan's territory.
  Blackstorm smiled, purring. "Tigerpaw, this is Redstrike."
  Tigerpaw shrugged. "Yeah, I know who he is. He's WindClan's deputy. Why did you want me to meet him?"
  Redstrike looked at Blackstorm and nodded. He finally looked at Tigerpaw, his gaze becoming soft. "This may be hard to believe, but I'm your father."
  Tigerpaw stepped back, his ears flat against his head. "I'm dreaming. I have to be. Bloodfire is my father... not you! I'm not a half clan cat!"
  Blackstorm rested her tail on Tigerpaw's shoulder. "Tigerpaw-"
  Tigerpaw moved away from his mother, glaring at both of his parents.
  "You lied to us! You made us believe Bloodfire was our father! Do you even understand how hard it was to go through his death? And to know that he tried to kill you? You shouldn't have brought me here." Tigerpaw almost choked on the words. He spun around and raced into the forest, ignoring Blackstorm as she called out to him.

  "Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather beneath the Hightree for a clan meeting!"
  Tigerpaw stood beside Hazelpaw and his siblings below the Hightree. He looked up at Drizzlestar as she called out, his eyes shining with triumph. This was his warriors ceremony, one step closer to him becoming leader. He growled as he saw Blackstorm, not believing that she would lie to him like that.
  His mother met his gaze then looked away.
  "Four apprentices are ready to become warriors." Drizzlestar looked down at Tigerpaw and smiled. "Tigerpaw. You have trained hard to become what you are today. And for that, I am proud of you. I know you will make a great leader. From this moment on, you shall be known as Tigerstorm."
  Tigerstorm puffed out his chest as his name was chanted.
  "Tigerstorm! Tigerstorm!"
  As the cheers died down, Tigerstorm sat down and watched the rest of the ceremony. Hazelpaw became Hazelfur, Flamepaw to Flamestrike, and Starpaw to Starpool.
  "We will leave for the gathering immediately." Drizzlestar said, jumping down from the Hightree. She led the way out of camp, the cats who she chose to come following.
  Tigerstorm walked beside Flamestrike, looking ahead.
  "Are you nervous for the Pin Battle?" Flamestrike asked.
  Tigerstorm shrugged. "Yes, and no."
  "I know you can win this, Tigerstorm. Your clan believes in you. I believe in you." Flamestrike said.
  Tigerstorm looked at his brother and smiled. "Thanks."

  Squirrelstar was the last leader to share news. Once she was finished, Amberstar spoke.
  "The Pin Battle will begin shortly." The ShadowClan leader announced.
  "I would like to say something about tonight's Pin Battle." Drizzlestar began. "This time, each clan can have their best warrior participate. They will be playing against Tigerstorm. Each warrior he beats, their clan will join ours. If a warrior beats Tigerstorm, our clan will join yours."
  Amberstar's fur bristled. "No! This will be a normal Pin Battle, not whatever you an your clan wants!"
  "What? Are you scared that your clan will loose?" Drizzlestar challenged.
  "Of course not!" Amberstar growled. "Fine, we'll do it. But you must know that you're going to loose!"
  Drizzlestar dipped her head. "Whatever you say. Tigerstorm, step forward."
  "Good luck." Hazelfur whispered in Tigerstorm's ear before he stepped in the clearing.
  "Darkwillow, you shall play." Amberstar said.
  Darkwillow smirked as he stepped in front of Tigerstorm.
  "Claws are allowed." Deadstar yowled.
  Darkwillow unsheathed his claws and Tigerstorm stopped himself from letting out a gasp. The ShadowClan's warriors claws were long, and Tigerstorm was a little afraid to get clawed by them.
  Tigerstorm growled. He was supposed to be a StarClan warrior, he shouldn't be afraid of anything or anyone.
  Darkwillow lunged at Tigerstorm, attempting to rake his claws across his side. Tigerstorm moved out of the way just in time, his heart quickening.
  "I can smell your fear." Darkwillow sneered, circling him. "Fear makes you weak."
  "I'm not weak." Tigerstorm growled.
  "Prove it." Darkwillow hissed and lunged forward again. Tigerstorm slammed his paw on Darkwillow's head and shoved him aside. Darkwillow turned on him and clawed his ears.
  Darkwillow growled and charged at Tigerstorm. This time, Tigerstorm ran behind him and before he could react, jumped, quickly pinning Darkwillow down.
  "No!" Amberstar yowled.
  "FireClan has won. ShadowClan will now give themselves up to us." Drizzlestar said with a smile.
  Yowls of protest came from the ShadowClan cat's but Blizzardstar cut them off.
  "A deal is a deal." He said. "But I'm not so sure if I want my clan to participate."
  "Just think about it. The clans could be at peace with one another." Squirrelstar mewed. "I will willingly give up my clan."
  When the ThunderClan warriors hissed and yelled at Squirrelstar, she silenced them.
  "I'm only doing what's best for the clans, and so should WindClan and RiverClan." Squirrelstar meowed.
  Deadstar shifted his paws and growled. "Fine. But not without a fight. Redstrike, you will play."
  Tigerstorm hissed. He would be playing against his own father. But for some reason it didn't feel like that. It felt like he was just playing against the WindClan deputy.
  That's exactly what he is to me anyways. Tigerstorm thought with anger.
  Tigerstorm began to circle Redstrike, unsheathing his claws. Tigerstorm was the first to attack. He lunged at Redstrike and grabbed his scruff, dragging him to the ground. Redstrike ripped out of his grip and slammed his head against his chest. Tigerstorm fell back, gasping in surprise.
  Tigerstorm jumped back to his paws and swiped at Redstrike's legs. His father collapsed to the ground and Tigerstorm didn't hesitate to pin him.
  "WindClan has lost, only RiverClan is left." Drizzlestar said, looking at Blizzardstar.
  "Fine. Trouthook, you will play." Blizzardstar meowed.
  Trouthook unsheathed his claws and circled Tigerstorm. Before Trouthook could react, Tigerstorm barreled into him. The two toms rolled, clawing and biting, until Tigerstorm finally pinned him down.
  "FireClan has won the Pin Battle!" Drizzlestar shouted with triumph, FireClan cheering.
  "This won't last for long." Amberstar hissed.
  "It will last for as long as we need it to." Squirrelstar said.
  The rest of the leaders looked away and Drizzlestar looked at the clan cat's.
  "From now on, all borders are open. You can roam freely. But, I feel like it's time for some new leaders." Drizzlestar said and when the other leaders growled, she flicked her tail to silence them. "StarClan sent me an omen. Tigerstorm is to become ShadowClan's new leader and Hazelfur to ThunderClan. That also means that WindClan and RiverClan needs new leaders. Mossfur will lead RiverClan and Blackstorm will lead WindClan."
  Blackstorm and I can lead together! Tigerstorm thought, but suddenly felt anger rise in his chest. She doesn't deserve this. She lied to me!
  "They will go to the Moonpool soon." Drizzlestar continued. "It's time for a new clan to rule the forest. We are stronger as one. No enemy shall stand in our way!"