Chapter 7

Tigerstorm led the way towards the Moonpool, knowing the way because of the paw prints on the ground. Behind him were Hazelfur, Blackstorm, and Mossfur.
  Would StarClan really give all of them nine lives?
  Tigerstorm stopped in amazement as they approached the starry pool, Hazelfur beside him.
  "It's beautiful." Hazelfur breathed.
  "Now we just take a drink from the water, and StarClan will meet us in our dreams." Blackstorm said, lying down on the soft sand.
  Mossfur lyed down beside Tigerstorm's mother and he lyed down next to Hazelfur. All at once, they lapped at the water then closed their eyes. Tigerstorm let sleep drag him away.

  Tigerstorm blinked open his eyes and looked around. He was no longer in front of the Moonpool beside Hazelfur. Instead, he was in a meadow, nine cats standing in front of him.
  Tigerstorm recognized Stonestar as the ancient leader walked towards him. Tigerstorm dipped his head.
  "Stand up. There's no need for that." Stonestar said with a smile and Tigerstorm did what he was told.
  "I'm sorry." Tigerstorm blurted out. "I should have tried to convince Drizzlestar not to do what she did. Now the clans will become even more broken apart than they were before! Was I even supposed to become leader?"
  "You were always meant to be leader." Stonestar meowed. "StarClan knew this would happen to the clans, there was no way to stop it. But believe me when I say it won't last for long."
  Tigerstorm nodded and Stonestar continued speaking.
  "But it is time for you to receive your first life." Stonestar smiled and touched his nose to Tigerstorm's forehead. "With this life I give you bravery. Use it for the right reasons. Save the ones you love."
  Tigerstorm felt a surge of pain burst through him, like someone clawing him from the inside out. He wanted to yowl, but he kept his mouth shut.
  Tigerstorm looked up again, but Stonestar was gone. Instead a red-brown tom took his place.
  "Hello Tigerstorm, I am Oaklight." The StarClan warrior meowed. "Leader of FireClan before Drizzlestar."
  Tigerstorm immediately dipped his head. He recalled the amazing stories Blackstorm told him and his littermates of this cat.
  "Rise, please." Oaklight purred, and Tigerstorm stood up. Oaklight put his muzzle on his head and spoke again. "With this life I give you trust. Trust those who need to be trusted and allow others to trust you."
  Tigerstorm lifted his head up. This time, memories of his past swirled in his mind. Playing with his siblings as a kit, finding out he was meant to be leader, meeting Hazelfur, and much more. But what stood out the most was his mother, and he knew that no matter what, he had to forgive her.
  "Thank you." Tigerstorm said and Oaklight nodded, walking back to the rest of the StarClan cats.
  Tigerstorm received seven more lives after that, each bringing pain or no pain. By the time the last cat walked away, Tigerstorm felt the urge to run in the beautiful meadow around him. But his paws felt like they were glued to the ground.
  "Tigerstar! Tigerstar!"
  Tigerstar looked at the StarClan cat's as they chanted his new name, and he puffed out his chest. He was ShadowClan's new leader, leading the shadows out of the darkness.

  Tigerstar opened his eyes, lifting his head. He was back at the Moonpool, Hazelstar sitting beside him. He sat up and looked at the others who were with them.
  "Did StarClan go to everyone?" Tigerstar asked.
  Blackstorm- Blackstar now- nodded. But Hazelstar and Mossstar shifted their paws uneasily.
  Tigerstar looked from Hazelstar to Mossstar. "What? What is it?"
  Mossstar took a deep breath. "StarClan didn't grant us our nine lives."