The Café (Glass Joe x Mute!Reader)

(Requested by The_Isolated_Nerd)

It was another beautiful day in Paris. You decided to take a walk around the city, seeing the many people walking by or at the little shops.

Life was a bit hard for you, especially since you couldn't speak. It was hard to express yourself to others, you would have to either make hand gestures to tell them or write it down somewhere and show it.

You noticed a little cafe on the corner, a soft smile came to your face. You remember going to places like this with your mother when you were younger, those were the good times.

So you decided to go and check it out. You walked across the street and went to open the door, but someone got there before you. You looked up and saw a man with red hair that covered part of his face, he was rather pale as well.

"Bonjour, mademoiselle." He smiled.

You returned the smile, and slightly waved. And stepped inside the cafe.

Joe was a bit puzzled by your response, normally someone would say something back. He followed behind you.

You ordered a cup of coffee and a small pastry by writing it down on a paper and giving it to the cashier, and sat down at a table meant for two. Joe took noticed and ordered what he wanted and sat down with you.

You looked up and saw him, you raised an eyebrow. Joe smiled at you once again.

"Je suis désolé si je suis un peu bizarre mais puis-je demander votre nom?" 

(Translation: I'm sorry if i'm acting kinda weird but may I ask for your name?)

You put your hand up and pointed to your throat, trying to tell him you couldn't speak, but he didn't get what you meant.

You took a deep breath and pulled out a small notebook and pen. You start to write on it, Joe watched as you wrote. When you were done, you turned it and let him read it.

'I'm mute, I'm sorry that I couldn't tell you before. I don't speak much French, and my name is (y/n).'

He nodded. "I-I understand... but still it's nice to meet someone as beautiful as you. And my name is Joe."

A small blush crept to your face.

'Thank you.' You wrote with a smile.

You both continue talking to one another, your pastries and coffee came. Joe was very interesting.

You were surprised when he told you he was a boxer. You never would have suspected him to be anything close to that.

"(Y/n)... If it's not to much to ask. Can we see each other soon? You're just so amazing, the most beautiful and talented girl I've ever met. I really want to be with you... and any guy would be lucky to have you..."

you couldn't help but smile, you nodded in response to his question.

TIMESKIP

A few months had passed, you and Joe were officially together.

He had taken care of you when you needed him, and you took care of Joe when he was in need as well.

You were walking around the streets of Paris once again. It was Night, the city was lit up, showing its beauty.

You looked around taking everything in, it was so lovely. Joe looked down at you, he thought you were just adorable.

You walked down a familiar street and saw the cafe that you first met at, your smile grew. You pointed over at it.

"Would you like to go to the cafe once again, love?"

You nodded, and Joe slightly laughed. He leaned down and kissed your forehead.

"I'm glad I met you, if I didn't, I don't know where I would be in life... I love you so much..."

You pulled away from him. You looked up at him and made a heart with your hands then pointed to him, it was your way of saying 'I love you too'.

He pecked you on the lips and took a hold of your hand, leading you to the cafe.