D0 ; p r o l o g u e

" they say people are born different

" they say people are born different... " the words echoed in a young man's head. " but why does it feel like we're all the same? " the young man kept pondering over these words. " us, brainwashed into the same system they except perfection. " he had never really thought about it until now. " so how can we be different, huh? " all his life had been chosen ahead of him... " it wasn't until I saw my reflection, that's when I woke up and realised that the truth had been hidden away from us. " but now, he was starting to doubt the system...

A sign...

An omen...

A-

A GLITCH...

and it was then, when a young man saw a slight glitch on what they believed to be the sky, and that is when he started realising some things.

the system had gardens for the residents to enjoy, but all the flowers were the same. Same size, same shape, same colour, until... something red? the male carefully grasped the flower, inspecting it. different. he wondered if the system knew of such a flower...

once during a late night, the male sneaked out and examined the area near the border of the system. they were taught that the area surrounding them was not suitable for life and was dangerous, so it was expected that they'd never cross the "border", but in reality... it was was no border. the "border" was just a term the system used to hide the truth, which was, a barrier. a barrier that prevented them from entering the outside world, or so they thought...

the male walked around and was almost defeated by not finding anything, when he saw it. he saw the one thing that gave him hope. hope that there was a way out, and that maybe life outside the system wasn't as bad as they portray it to be. what he found in the darkest place within the border was... a small drone. doesn't say much now does it? it wasn't the fact that he found a drone that gave him hope... it was the shattered glass that did. he picked up the shard and observed it. so that's what the glitch was... he thought, and placed a hand on what supposedly was the border, trying to see if something was there, and he found out that the border was a barrier. glass. a glass barrier that most likely had screens to hide what was actually going on in the outside world, the male deducted. the drone seemed to have broken through the barrier right where the glitching panel was.

having gathered more information, he quietly ran back to his headquarters, for if he was found out to be wandering around the border, he was a dead man. in the way to his headquarters, he saw something. something that could get him out of there. if a small drone had damaged the barrier, then could not something much bigger get them out of there?

• • •

494 words...

the reason why I said "a young man" instead of "the young man" was to kinda point out that the person at the beginning and the middle were two different people. I don't know of that was clear or not, but try guessing who the two people are, one of them it pretty obvious, but still...

also by headquarters I basically mean apartment, dorm, house, whatever you wanna call it.

pay attention to bolded and/or underlined words in the following chapters...

August 6th, 2018