D7

Chan was walking behind the group outside the conditioning buildings

Chan was walking behind the group outside the conditioning buildings. He was making sure no one strayed away from their conditioning sessions, but secretly, he was making sure he could easily approach the other eight.

With a sigh, he looked up at the sky. On the corner of his eye, he noticed a weird flash. He snapped his head towards that direction and stared at it, making sure it was not just his imagination that had played on him.

After a while, the flashing happened again.

Once Chan got a proper look at it, he realised it was not a flash, but rather, a glitch.

He stared at that area again and saw the glitch once more, but this time he noticed the glitch only occurred in one "panel," meaning that there was something they were being protected from on the outside.

Chan felt giddy inside. That means there is an easier way of escaping! He thought, a slight smile on his lips which was quickly erased when he remembered what he was doing.

When they got to the building, they each got their assignments, and luckily and coincidentally, he was assigned his precious eight he wanted to take with him.

You're just making this easier and easier for me. Chan smirked, which all of them noticed, thinking the same.

"Okay, so your assignment is to analyse the grey flower gardens and write about them." Chan explained when they were in a room. Cameras and mics observing them from every angle.

After explaining their tasks more, he then lead them towards the grey flower gardens that were close to The Darkness, or also known as The Border.

They all examined the flowers lazily, not knowing why or how this would condition them. In order to guide them, Chan examined the flowers too.

As he was "supervising" and walking by, something else caught his attention. He turned to see what it had been, and he easily noticed what had caught his attention.

It was a flower. Yes, they were observing flowers and what not, but this one was different. It was a red flower.

Chan carefully moved the other flowers to expose the red flower more and observe it. He wondered if the system knew of such flower. They probably didn't, because if they did, it would have already been removed since it was different, since being different was a sin according to the system.

Nearly and carefully putting back the flower and covering it, he approached The Darkness. It was already getting late, and the skies were darkening, but it was of no concern to Chan, since being afraid of the dark wasn't something on his list of fears.