D2

"We were born and raised to all be equal

"We were born and raised to all be equal..." The young man sighed, looking seriously at his companion dead in the eye. "No individuality... Even though we've seen this our entire lives, something feels wrong about it, does it not?" he asked his companion who eyed him with slight confusion. "As if it was never meant to be like this... and there was another way of life." He continued and looked at his hands. "They even force everyone to write with the same hand, to be equal, but they don't realise that by doing that we can actually write with both, which technically does not make us equal. That is why, Jeongin, we are getting out of here. Because there is no point in living life like this..."

A new year was starting, so everyone had to start registering for the new school year. All those born from January 1st to December 31st of the same year were in the same grade. No one was allowed to get ahead.

The brown haired boy ruffled his hair in frustration. He hated waiting in line to register for the new school year, but at least this was his last year. He looked around and looked at the other underclassmen, everyone had a white hood up, to somewhat hide their face. Why was it that way? No one knows, they just knew that's how it had to be. When on the outside, they had to wear the hood, inside, they couldn't. They were all forced to wear the same white uniforms regardless of their grade.

The boy felt like removing his hood, making his hair messy, and yelling out all of his frustration showing the whole body of students his full, exposed face, but he decided not to, he knew better than that.

He sighed in relief when he saw the line was shortening, and it getting closer to his turn for registration. He could finally go home and rest some, since he had gotten quite tired from waiting for such a long time to register for the new school year.

When he was looking around, 6 particular individuals caught his eye for some reason. They were wearing their hoods and he couldn't see their faces, but there was just something about them that made the boy want to know more about them.

His train of thought was interrupted when it was finally his turn to register. He faced the officials with a cold, stone expression. They weren't allowed to smile at the officials, or people in higher positions because it was deemed "disrespectful".

His guardian (they were not allowed to call their parents "mom" and "dad", or anything of the sort) filled out all of the information and turned in the required paperwork. Unbeknown to the boy, the same six boys he was eyeing earlier were simultaneously looking at him, all from different places in their respective grade lines.

"Next, Lee Yongbok." The official called from the line next to him and the boy noticed he was one of the boys he had noticed earlier. Now taking a better look at his face, he noticed the younger's appearance was quite different. His hair was unusually a reddish, light brown, with equally as light eye colour, meaning it was natural and not some dye. It's not like they were allowed to dye their hair anyways. He also noticed darker spots running along his nose, cheeks, and even some around his eyes. What were those called again? The boy wondered mentally. Freckles? Those features were so rare no one really know what they were called.