Chapter 3: The Beginning Pt.2.

Not much had happened after that. I woke up in a Hydra base.....again. Let's just say my disappearance wasn't very much appreciated. So, they threw me in a cell for a couple of months. Preforming various experiments, trying to dampen my powers, which by the way I haven't told you yet. Basically I'm like a shield. I can create force fields with my hands or mind, this gives me the option of flying but by climbing force fields I place in front of me. I also have the ability to heal, everyone but me. Whatever nature I came from doesn't allow the gift bearer to heal themselves. So, yeah. Anyway, I had the same routine for months. That was until the Avengers decided to break into a Hydra base. My Hydra base, allowing me to break out.

But, the Avengers had me locked up again quicker than I could say my name. I spent a while in a cell. Waiting. Eventually someone came to see me, well interrogate me. He was tall and muscular. He wore a blue suit with red and white stripes, I could only guess he was Captain America. Steve Rogers.

"Who are you?" He asked bluntly, getting straight to the point.

"Emily Cassidy. Former Hydra agent."

That's all I could give, I didn't know any more about myself. He looked at me square in the face, almost as if he was studying me. Finally he spoke.

"Where were you based."

I thought the question was irrelevant but I answered anyway.

"Siberia."

He seemed to tense at the word, like he had some relation to the place. He sat quietly for a few moments, deep in thought, before continuing.

"Do you know of a James Buchanan Barnes?"

Then I was the one who tensed. My mind was racing, how did he know Bucky? Was he a friend of his? What do I say? Yes? No? Both?

"Yes. He was my partner while on missions."

Somehow he saw the sadness and betrayal in my eyes. His curious nature taking over his mouth.

"What happened?"

His eyebrows furrowed together with curiosity.

"We had a mission, to steal from a country. We failed and got caught and imprisoned in said country. He fled and left me behind. Not even a goodbye. Selfish bastard."

Steve sat back in his chair, inquisition evident on his face.

"How old are you?"

"Nineteen. Twenty in three weeks. Young enough to not be offended by that question, Captain." I said a small smirk on my face.

"I apologise, Miss Cassidy." He too had a smirk.

"Please just call me Emily."

After a few more questions Steve seemed to think to himself quietly for a few minutes. Then he just got up and left. Just like Bucky did. A couple of minutes later he came back and asked a question I thought I'd never hear.

"How would you feel about joining the Avengers?"

And that's where my story really kicks off. I joined the Avengers. I trained with them everyday. Steve  had become like an older brother to me, we just gelled. Tony Stark is another kettle of fish altogether, he was an extreme pain in the ass, but you love him all the same. Natasha Romanoff and Clint Barton were like the parents I never had. They weren't together but they acted like an old married couple sometimes. Bruce Banner had become my science teacher, I always had an interest, but never got a chance to learn. The Avengers had become my family, cliché I know, but it was true. While everything was fine and well there were often nights I would lie awake at Avengers Tower and think about Wakanda. About T'Chaka, Romona, Shuri, Okoye.T'Challa. I missed them all, and I would have went back but I had absolutely no idea how to get there. Let's just say they hide their country very well. I thought about whether they missed me too, or if they're glad to be rid of an outsider.

Ultron. A great big evil artificial intelligence created by the one and only Tony Stark. Pietro Maximoff. A speedster with a cocky attitude. Wanda Maximoff. A witch with the power to drive you insane. That was basically the following few months. A handful, I know. But essentially we beat Ultron. Wanda and Pietro joined our side, after a lot of convincing. Vision was created, he holds possession of an Infinity Stone. Pietro died saving Clint. And, yep that was it. I helped out along the way, trying to adapt to their way of things, Wakandan customs were much easier to adapt to.

Wanda Maximoff became a dear friend of mine. After Pietro died she was broken, and well me knowing what it's like to loose someone so close, I was able to comfort her. After that we just bonded. Pietro was also a friend of mine, in the short time I'd known him, so we were in it together. Vison had become accustomed to our Avenger-ing ways. We were doing well really, saving as many people as possible. There was always a few casualties but not everyone can be saved. We just have to learn to live with that burden.
—————————————-