Chapter 35: The End Of Another Chapter

A lot was happening. It was hard to keep track of what was going on. It was hard to tell which side was winning. Us. Or them. I had given the gauntlet to Spider-man, who was doing a pretty good job of getting it where it needed to go. A bright light of thundering energy came surging down as Carol Danvers flew through the ship, and it resulted in an explosion and the ship crash-landed in the lake.

"Oh, yeah!" Rocket came over the comms.

"Danvers, we need an assist here."

Scott finally activatee the Quantum Tunnel as Carol Danvers landed near Peter, who was on the ground, weirdly hugging the gauntlet with his body. Pepper landed next to Okoye, followed by Mantis, Shuri, the Wasp, 2014 Gamora and Nebula. Thanos' army charged while the women helped Carol Danvers go through the Outriders, Sakaarans and Chitauri. Gamora took out a gorilla, while Okoye took out Corvus Glaive. Wanda and Valkyrie destroyed two leviathans. Carol Danvers then started flying towards the van with the Gauntlet, flying past enemies and going through enemy blockades that were in her way with ease. Thanos, seeing this, started running to Carol Danvers, but was stopped by Pepper, Shuri and I, who blasted him backwards. Thanos, after seeing Carol Danvers fly past him, threw his double sword at the van, destroying it and the quantum realm tunnel, throwing Carol Danvers backwards and losing her grip on the Gauntlet, which falls to the ground. Doctor Strange steadied the water after the explosion. I ran to wherever Thanos was, seeing he smacked Stark away, knocking him out. Then Thor arrived with Stormbreaker and Mjolnir in an attempt to pin Thanos' arm down, with assistance from Captain America. However, Thanos overpowered them and knocked them both out. After picking up the Gauntlet, Carol Danvers arrived, punching away at Thanos while he wad holding the Gauntlet. She kept punching him, but Thanos grabbed her by the arm and flung her away. Thanos put on the gauntlet, gamma radiation from the stones ate at him as he tried to snap, but Captain Marvel arose again, and stopped his fingers from snapping, opening up his hand. Thanos headbutted her, but it did nothing. Just as Carol was gaining the upper hand by rising up and forcing Thanos onto his knees, Thanos pulled the Power Stone out of the Gauntlet and used it in his free hand to hit Carol away. Thanos put the Power Stone back into the Gauntlet, yelling from the gamma radiation coursing through him. He was so close to fulfilling his fate once again. I couldn't lose everyone again, so I ran towards him. There was no way I could stop him, but I could at least distract him, long enough to let someone finish him off. So there I was, blasting energy beams at the Mad Titan until I got close enough. Then he started throwing punches as did I. It was actually surprising how long I lasted against him. I seen Iron Man in my peripheral vision, throwing me off guard, allowing Thanos to get a good right hook, sending me flying backwards into a pile of rubble. I groaned where I lay, the blood trickling down my temple matched the pain of my shoulder that was bandaged up well by Bruce yesterday. I sat up slowly as I felt someones arms wrap around mine. I looked up to see the mask of the Black Panther. T'Challa took off his mask, inspecting the side of my head. I looked back to Thanos, seeing that Iron Man had taken liberty of dealing with the Mad Titan. Panic built up inside me as I watched, I began to try and get up but T'Challa pulled me back down.

"T, I have to help!"

He shook his head at me.

"One more hit and you won't be walking off the battlefield alive."

I could see the concern in his eyes, knowing he was serious I gave into the defeat. They were still going at it until Stark maked one last attack on Thanos, pulling on the Gauntlet before Thanos punched him away.

" I am- inevitable."

Thanos snapped his fingers, but nothing happened except a metallic "clink." We were just as confused as he was. He saw the Infinity Stones were missing. But we then found out where they went. Tony had the stones on his own gauntlet, the gamma radiation coursing through him, to Thanos' shock. And our own shock.