Chapter 21: Sharing With The World.

After T'Challa had returned from dealing with N'Jadaka I embraced him in a hug. I could hear him sigh as he wrapped his arms tightly around my waist. We stayed like that for a couple of minutes before I pulled us apart, resting my hands on his shoulders as I looked at him. I could see that his cousins death, no matter how evil, was eating away at him slowly.

"It was his choice, T'Challa."

"I know."

I turned to leave, grabbing his hand in the process.

"Let's go for a walk, yeah?"
—————————————-
We walked around the gardens we had often walked before I was taken back to Hydra. T'Challa had offered me his arm, which I gladly took, as we walked in silence. It was a comfortable silence, though, not one of those awkward ones.

"You know, when N'Jadaka threw you over the edge of that cliff, it was the first time I've cried since first joining Hydra."

T'Challa had stopped walking, causing me to stop abruptly. I looked at him quizzically, wondering why he had stopped walked.

"First time since you were five years old?"

I chuckled.

"Is that such a hard thing to believe."

"Not entirely, but still hard to imagine."

I guided him to the small wooden bench situated in the centre of the garden, which we sat on so often years ago. Once we sat, T'Challa interlocked his fingers with mine.

"Thank you."

He started. I turned to meet his gaze.

"You kept my family safe, our nation."

I shook my head slightly at him.

"There's nothing to thank me for, T. It was my duty to protect the Throne, but most importantly I made it my priority to protects those I love."

We stared at each other for a few seconds before I had thought of something else to say.

"Also, you-"

I was cut off by T'Challa pressing his lips against mine. The shock from the sudden contact had left me frozen in place, but as realisation kicked in I closed my eyes and kissed him back. He placed his hand on my waist while I wrapped my arm around his neck. Due to the lack of oxygen we pulled away. I leant my forehead against his, my expression being serious temporarily before turning into a toothy grin, which he returned.

"You cannot blame me.....I almost died."

"Oh believe me, I am well aware."

He pressed a quick kiss to my lips before standing up, offering me a hand.

"We would not like to keep the royal family waiting, now would we?"

He smirked as I took his hand, letting him lead me to the grand palace, where our family awaited our presence.
——————————————-
"When you said you were taking me to California, I though you meant Coachella or Disneyland. Why here?"

We were standing in front of the tall, abandoned building of apartment blocks where T'Chaka had killed N'Jobu to save Zuri's life. T'Challa had decided Wakanda should no longer live in the shadows and will provide foreign aid to those who needed it. Of course we brought Shuri with us, but where we meant when we said California was different to where she thought we meant.

"This is where our father killed our uncle."

Shuri read the sign on the front of the building, as did I and T'Challa.