Chapter 10: Zemo.

"She isn't going anywhere." Ross stated firmly as he stared at me.

Tony and I's plan wasn't exactly going to.....plan. We hadn't really thought how he was actually going to sneak me out of the facility. So, here we are, trying to think of a convincing cover story as to why Tony needs me to go with him on his 'mission'. Of course he left out the important detail that his 'mission' includes Captain America and the Winter Soldier. So far we've come up with the theory that Tony is going to find how many Hydra bases are still hidden around and he needs me to be able to locate them and show him which direction to go in. I know not very convincing, at all.
Ross was a tough cookie to crack, but we are going after Steve and Bucky, one way or another.

"May I suggest...."

Everyone turned to look at me, and by everyone I mean Nat, Tony, Ross, Vision, T'Challa and some CIA agents. Ross motioned for me to continue. I stood forward and began to pace.

"I'm the only person in this room who knows the location of every Hydra base around, correct?"

Everyone nodded.

"Hydra has caused multiple conflicts, murdered innocent people, created monsters to do it all for them. At this moment in time I believe that Hydra should no longer be pushed aside, but made a priority."

T'Challa now spoke from the corner, straightening himself out on the chair. Now everyone's attention was on him.

"And when you say 'created monsters', Miss Cassidy, are you perhaps referring to yourself?"

His question had caught me off guard. Did he think of me as a monster? Did everyone in this room think of me as a monster? Did I think of me as a monster? Maybe. It took me a minute to think of how to answer his question.

"I wasn't made a monster, your Highness, I was born one."

I composed myself and stood straight in front of everyone, not willing to show my shame.

"I was always angry as a child, always wishing to get revenge, to kill those who had taken everything away from me. I was angry at my parents for taking away my chance at a normal life. When Hydra found me all they had to do was influence my behaviour, I was quite the handful."

I paused for a moment to observe everybody's expressions. Some were of curiosity, disgust, sympathy.

"I've trained Super Soldiers more skilled than Bucky- than Agent Barnes. They're the definition of monsters, but it takes a monster to make a monster. And I've made four. The reason I'm telling you all this is because these guys are serious, and they're in a Hydra base that you don't know the location of, I do. So I suggest you let Tony and myself go to this Hydra base and make sure these Super Soldiers, monsters, Hydra agents, whatever you like to call them, never wake up."

And with that I finished. Everyone was in deep thought. Perhaps my words had had an effective effect on Ross, maybe enough to let me go with Tony. Right now, we're wasting time. Ross then turned to me.

"Put simply, you're the reason we have this problem in the first place."

I nodded and lowered my head, ashamed.

"But you're still willing to go against the people who raised you?"

"They broke me, made me forget who I was, made me murder thousands. That's not something I'm willing to let them get away with."

Ross nodded his head, folded his arms with one hand resting on his chin, deep in thought.

"Alright."

Tony and I shared a look. He then spoke.

"I'm going to need you to write that on paper, Ross."

"Fine."