Chapter 6: James Buchannan Barnes.

Steve and I were now in what I assumed to be Bucky's apartment.

"Heads up, Cap. German special forces approaching from the South." Sam reported over our coms.

I was looking at the small photos Bucky had on his fridge. One in particular had caught my attention. It was in black and white. A picture taken of Bucky and I before we headed off for Wakanda.

"Understood. Do you know me?"

I heard Steve say. I turned around to see who he was talking to. I recognised the voice immediately.

"You're Steve. I read about you in a museum."

Sam came over our coms again:

"They've set the perimeter."

"I know you're nervous. And you have plenty of reason to be. But you're lying." I spoke.

He was saying one thing but his eyes said something different. I've known him long enough to know when he's lying. He seemed to catch onto that I could tell. But he doesn't seem to recognise me.

"I wasn't in Vienna. I don't do that anymore."

"They're entering the building." Sam reported.

Steve spoke again:

"Well, the people who think you did are coming here now. And they're not planning on taking you alive."

"That's smart. Good strategy."

Why would he say that?

"Don't say that."I said looking him dead in the eye.

He looked at me confused but before he could say a thing the special forces had breached and now a fight was in full swing. I saw Bucky slam a soldier through a wall. And Steve did too, causing him to be slightly anxious.

"Buck, stop! You're gonna kill someone."

"I'm not gonna kill anyone."

The fight continued down the stairs until eventually Bucky had jumped to the opposite building. I followed him along with Steve. We were in pursuit when Sam came over the coms again.

"Who the hell is the other guy?"

I looked around to see the Black Panther running parallel to us. I knew exactly who he was after. The Black Panther had reached Bucky before we did. T'Challa really wasn't holding back when it came to throwing punches. If I don't interfere T'Challa could kill him, if I did he might get the wrong idea about why I'm stopping him. The Black Panther was about to impale his claws into Bucky when I had made up my mind.

"T'Challa! Stop!"

He turned to look at me which gave Bucky a chance to escape. He turned back to Bucky but he was gone.
The pursuit had taken us down to the tunnels. Steve had taken possession of a jeep which the Black Panther was quick to attach himself to. I still ran after Bucky, who had taken a motorbike and was speeding ahead.

"Sam, I can't shake this guy."

"Right behind you."

I had hitched a ride with Steve and once he had gotten the jeep close enough to Bucky, the Black Panther took this opportunity to pounce. He held onto the back of the bike, when the end of the tunnel started to collapse. They got out by the skin of their teeth, and so did Steve and I.